JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
did you finance or pay in cash?
Unless things have changed you lose a percent with Mall of Georgia if you pay cash.

Later,
Johnny
Sponsored

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
Thanks for the recommendation, Steve. Sounds like the price is competitive and the service is good. What about financing? What APR did you receive?
4.5 or 4.25. Don’t remember. No prepay penalty though. Will refi w my credit union at some point

Deleted member 57111

Does anyone recommend a good dealership/sales person in San Francisco Bay Area or nearby?

We visited the Stewart CDJR dealership in Colma (CA) last week and the experience wasn’t good. The sales person didn’t have keys for the Wranglers we wanted to look at and they refused to provide any discount for building a custom Jeep.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone recommend a good dealership/sales person in San Francisco Bay Area or nearby?

We visited the Stewart CDJR dealership in Colma (CA) last week and the experience wasn’t good. The sales person didn’t have keys for the Wranglers we wanted to look at and they refused to provide any discount for building a custom Jeep.
Did you read this reply that was posted right before you?

I want to thank this Forum for saving me money on a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 2 door I just ordered from Rob Trachtman at Tuttle Click in Irvine, California.
I got 4% below invoice without haggling. Rob was a pleasure to talk to and a senior sale type person.

All local dealers in Northern California was not willing to negotiate anywhere near invoice. I've shopped at 6 dealers and by chance, I happened to find this forum's list of recommended dealers.

I got a quote from Kent at Nampa, ID and it was a better deal but California 50 state emission requirement would have me smog the new car, submit a request for out of state registration that requires a physical inspection of the VIN and 50 state emission label. The DMV office near me is still closed and many are on limited opening times. Its just not worth the hassle for me.

Now its just a 6-8 week wait.

Thank you!

Deleted member 57111

Did you read this reply that was posted right before you?
I did. Although it’s in the same state, it’s a 6+ hours drive. So we’ve been looking for nearby options before deciding going on a trip to Irvine.

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I did. Although it’s in the same state, it’s a 6+ hours drive. So we’ve been looking for nearby options before deciding going on a trip to Irvine.
It sounds like that is the journey he was on as well. I would go there, but I live in AZ and don't want CA emissions. It looks like I may be going the Nampa, ID route.

Fiasco

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR (ordered 8/01)
Over the weekend we had a fantastic JLUR purchase with Mike Clinnin ([email protected]) @ Mall of Georgia CDJR. I found him through this very thread.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommended Dealers List tempImage5t0QMC

The general process was:
  • I requested a quote on our 2021 JLUR. He replied within hours.
  • The price was great and as noted here (7% under invoice + $599 doc fees). There are conditions on the 7% such as financing through Mall of GA CDR. He explains them all clearly in his original emails.
  • We placed the order (which was a simple process).
  • He proactively kept us up to date through the process.
  • In our example, Jeep actually built ours on the originally projected date—and as a side note, his original estimated delivery to dealer date was also correct!
  • Arrived at 9:15 Saturday morning. The inspection/checklist/test drive revealed the vehicle was perfect.
  • Mike walked us through the features.
  • F&I (Derek Langley was our F&I guy) was as smooth and frustration/anxiety-free of purchase as I’ve ever experienced.
  • We were driving off the lot around 11:AM.
  • The best vehicle purchase experience we’ve ever had!
  • One last note, if you live anywhere north of Atlanta, with a little effort you can plan a route to and through Dahlonega, Georgia, which works perfectly for the recommended break-in if you are into that. If not, it’s just a beautiful drive in your new Jeep.
There was another forum couple there purchasing their Granite Crystal JLUR at the same time we were. We were in discussions with them the whole time. They were also enjoying themselves through the purchase process.

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Just walked off a dealers lot in AZ, quoted me just over $47k OTD for a 2 door Rubicon w manual trans custom order but with only a few options (tow, led, 8.4 system). That price is over MSRP, I figured it would at least be under msrp guy didn't want to deal gave me the tread lightly 1% and that's about it.

rcep2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara
Great experience with Texas dealership in Georgetown TX. Dealership is Mac Haik and i worked with Mark Martinez. Seamless and painless. Got 6% off Invoice on an almost fully loaded Sahara.
Its a quick drive from DFW. DFW dealers had no intention at all to work below MSRP.
Placed the order 8/17, picked up yesterday 9/28.
Really recommend it. Mark worked with me on the build via email, hassle free, very helpful. No additional costs or anything. Recommend hands down

Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Just walked off a dealers lot in AZ, quoted me just over $47k OTD for a 2 door Rubicon w manual trans custom order but with only a few options (tow, led, 8.4 system). That price is over MSRP, I figured it would at least be under msrp guy didn't want to deal gave me the tread lightly 1% and that's about it.
If the price given to you is not 1% under invoice, you didn't get the FCA Affiliate price (aka Tread Lightly).

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
the $47k was including tax and all fees etc... but still I'm pretty sure they applied the 1% to the base Rubicon invoice cost not the invoice as built.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
the $47k was including tax and all fees etc... but still I'm pretty sure they applied the 1% to the base Rubicon invoice cost not the invoice as built.
The FCA Affiliate program has rules that include they are to show you the build sheet or invoice and you get the invoice price as built. They can't just give it to you on the base price but not the others. the document shows the total that are to quote you, and must show it to you. Something doesn't add up.

Last edited:

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The FCA Affiliate program has rules that include they are to show you the build sheet or invoice and you get the invoice price as built. They can't just give it to you on the base price but not the others. the document shows the total that are to quote you, and must show it to you. Something doesn't ass up.
I'm not a 100% on if it was really 1% or not but I'm not here to bash them, just wanted to post that I walked on it bc they would not deal. I'm in talks with a recommended dealer now so hopefully they will deal down to my OTD price I want.
Sponsored