Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttleclickchrysler.com
Vehicle(s)
19 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Fleet Manager Tuttle Click Jeep Chrysler Dodge Hyundai
The day finally came after 2.5 months of waiting. I purchased from Coastline CDJR in San Juan Capistrano where we received 5% under invoice. Rob Trachtman no longer works there FYI, he was very helpful. The rest of the staff (minus the finance guy) was awful.

The sales price was obviously set months ago, and I have my own financing. I arrived with a day notice in advance after a 4 hour train ride and took a day off work. The entire staff could care less about me I felt like. They came out with the "numbers" and it of course had $2500+ in extras tacked on, like coatings/security/tracking/maintenance etc. Which just further delayed this process as none of this was disclosed to me. This led to a back and forth with the manager, and finally they removed all those items. It was a waste of time. By the time the finance man called me in to sign papers, it had been 2.5 hours of me pacing the lot. I signed and was ready to go home. But the salesperson was no where to be found, the Jeep had a empty tank of gas, I had no keys, there were no plates on the car, and no one walked me out to the car.

I found him in the break room eating lunch. So he scrambled to put plates on/gas up etc. 3 hours total time for a ordered car, with a pre-set sales price. I assume since they weren't going to make much money on this unit and there was no up sell on options, I wasn't really important.

I love the car, and have already added some mods, but god damn the car sales experience needs to change.

Regardless this forum saved me about $5000 versus going to my 3 close dealerships. Sales price of vehicle was $45,009 plus TTL
Thank you

jeep.jpg

2020-07-27 11_38_46-Sting Gray Build.pdf - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.png
Jon,

As we spoke, its the reason I needed to leave Coastline. I am trying to not do the whole car dealer approach. But I am back at the new store Tuttle Click in Irvine, Ca, so any way I can be of help I will.
Sponsored

PTHLSTKN

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 unlimited sport
I try!

Thanks. Koons offered it at 7.5% below invoice, prior to adding the license/registration and crazy doc fee. What they didn't expect was for me to come in with the TL discount for another 1% off.

The truly nutty part is that I'm in Utah and couldn't get the local dealers lower than $1,500 above invoice. Reached out to Koons with my desired build, they factory ordered it (with my deposit down) and crushed the local pricing. I figured I'd use some of the savings to pay for the cross country leisurely drive back with the wifey.
What Koons is this?
I am in Maryland and tried criswell and was not happy with the lack of interest in helping me with a purchase or a lease for my wife.
The lease was $600 a month for 10k 36 month on a 44,000 msrp JLU sport S

Turniipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0
What Koons is this?
I am in Maryland and tried criswell and was not happy with the lack of interest in helping me with a purchase or a lease for my wife.
Here's the information on the dealer:

Craig Benner
Online Forum/Ordering Manager
Koons of Tyson's Corner
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
C- 570-556-0451
O- 703-790-0900 EXT 17638

2019 #1 Wrangler Salesman on East Coast
2019 #1 Wrangler Salesman in Mid Atlantic
2019 #2 Wrangler Salesman in United States

MinerSteve

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram Rebel
I'm planning on placing an order as soon as I can get a response from any of the dealers west of the Rockies that have been mentioned on this thread. I'm in SoCal but am willing to travel to get the right deal. I have emailed & left voice messages for 3 different dealers & have received no return contact over the last 2 days. Earlier in the week I had good response from a dealer on the east coast but would prefer to purchase it closer to home.

Before placing an order I do have a question. Can I order from the factory to have a lift kit or different tires (35"-37") included in the build?
Does anyone have any recommended dealers for Oklahoma? Specifically the Oklahoma City area. Has anyone had any luck with the military bonus cash for 2021 Rubicon orders as well?
Thanks!
I am in central Missouri, and we are doing some great pricing on Jeeps. Give me try. My email is:
[email protected]

Sponsored

OscarMike85

First Name
Calder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Accord
Hey guys. I've messaged some of you, so I apologize for being redundant. Some of the dealers here require dealer financing in order to get the best deal. That in and of itself isn't the worst thing ever, and I realize they're making money off it, but where I'm hesitant is that I don't know the interest rate until I've already put the deposit down and committed. With dudes who have dealer financed, how much more were their fees compared with non-dealer financed? Thanks in advance!

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
where I'm hesitant is that I don't know the interest rate until I've already put the deposit down and committed.
You're right to be hesitant. An honest dealer would disclose that he/she is earning a referral fee - and would provide the price without financing through the dealership ("cash price"). In my dealings, I've often received a 1% off invoice when financing through the dealership.

But sometimes the dealer's rate was too high (or the financing comes with unsavory stipulations), in which case I paid the extra 1% and financed on my own or paid cash.

The real risk is this: Some people put a down payment without asking about the cash price. Later they discover a rotten financing deal, but then it's too late to back out.

I know, you wouldn't do. ;)

BroncoHound

First Name
Bud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR / 2022 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Taxi driver-in-training
I feel the need to gush a bit over a Texas dealer I recently had business with, Mark Martinez of Mac Haik Jeep in Georgetown, TX.

I've been stationed overseas for work and wanted to custom order a new Jeep Wrangler for when I returned to the States. Upon returning, I knew I was going to have to be in Texas for a couple months before I returned home to Montana, so I was looking specifically at Texas dealerships. I contacted Mark via email and listed exactly what I wanted to order and exactly what I was willing to pay out the door (5.1% below invoice, which I thought was a fair middle ground between the high volume super-deals that were all 1000 miles away and your box standard local dealers). Mark responded quickly and agreed to my terms with no hassle or negotiation tactics. He took my deposit over the phone, ordered the Jeep exactly how I wanted, kept me up to date on the build/shipping progress, and held the Jeep in a private storage area away from foot traffic until I came to get it.

On top of the easy ordering, Mark got me a higher-than-average price for my trade-in and also got me 0% APR financing, as this was the only way I'd consider financing through them. I should note that my decision to finance through them did not affect the sales price at all; the price would've been the same had I brought my own financing option or paid cash. Also, since I was coming in from out of town, Mark had all the paperwork mostly done before I arrived so I was in and out in about 45 minutes.

I was honestly pretty nervous on the drive to the dealership that morning. I figured there was no way I was going to get literally EVERYTHING I wanted in this deal: the exact vehicle I wanted, the price I wanted to pay, the timeline I wanted to pick it up, the price I wanted for my trade-in, and the only financing option I was willing to consider. Mark hit it out of the park with living up to every single expectation he had established for himself though, and the end result was the smoothest, easiest, quickest, and most pleasurable car buying experience I've ever had.

Even though it was tough saying good-bye to Virginia (my 2016 Hellcat Challenger trade-in), it was a genuine pleasure doing business with Mark Martinez at Mac Haik and I will absolutely be a return customer when this Jeep is worn out and it's time for another. The experience I had with Mark will be worth the drive from Montana back to Texas.

IMG_3099.jpg

IMG_3100.jpg

IMG_3101.jpg

IMG_3102.jpg

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I feel the need to gush a bit over a Texas dealer I recently had business with, Mark Martinez of Mac Haik Jeep in Georgetown, TX.
Congratulations on the new green acquisition, and thanks for the details. I'm glad to hear that honest dealers still exist!

HEX87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a jeep soon
I live in Reno and went shopping for a new Rubicon armed with the knowledge from this thread. My local dealers in Reno and Carson City actually made some decent offers. In fact, when you figure in the cost and hassle of traveling it was probably a push. The lowest prices were offered by Kent Shurtleff ([email protected]) at Peterson’s in Nampa ID and Antonio ([email protected]) and Mariana ([email protected]) at Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. Kent was offering the deepest discount on the invoice price if you financed the purchase. Kent’s knowledge and reputation can’t be beat and I highly recommend him!

I decided to go with Antonio and Mariana at Jim Marsh in Las Vegas. They were super responsive to emails and phone calls and also have a great reputation of the forum. I just felt more comfortable purchasing from a dealership that does high volume, and is proven to know their Wranglers, rather than the local dealers. I ultimately agreed to a cash purchase at about 5% under invoice. The combination of “out-the-door” price along with all the other cost factors essentially means they are paying for my trip to Vegas to pick up my new Rubicon! Since it would be an in-state transaction and with attractions like Red Rock Canyon, The Valley of Fire, and Death Valley close by the team in Vegas got my order.

I should mention that all the offers required the Tread Lightly discount. It seems like the COSTCO auto program discount no longer works for Wranglers. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks again for everyone’s inputs!!!
Hey did the 5 % below invoice did that included any dealer add-ons?

Sponsored

jmj8355

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 2.0
Hey guys. I've messaged some of you, so I apologize for being redundant. Some of the dealers here require dealer financing in order to get the best deal. That in and of itself isn't the worst thing ever, and I realize they're making money off it, but where I'm hesitant is that I don't know the interest rate until I've already put the deposit down and committed. With dudes who have dealer financed, how much more were their fees compared with non-dealer financed? Thanks in advance!
i share this concern...especially going out of town for the deal. I know what the cash price is and what it will increase to if i provide my own financing so i guess my plan is to line up financing at my CU prior to heading out of town and if the rate is hideous ill have to pull the trigger on my own financing. Hoping i dont have to do that though. Ill also ask my CU there thoughts on just refi'ing when i come home.

Ismor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
i share this concern...especially going out of town for the deal.
Yes, you must know both the price with dealer financing and the cash price (the price when you pay cash or bring your own financing).

If one doesn't secure these two numbers – in writing and in advance – there's a risk of funny things happening when coming all excited to pickup your jeep.

HellaYellaSoFl

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Ultimate Sport S
I just wrapped up a deal on a new Unlimited Sport S. I talked to Craig Benner @ Koons, Mike Clinnin @ Mall of GA CDJR, and a ton of regional dealers and can confirm there is a world of difference between forum-friendly and the rest. Including one that got hostile when I mentioned TreadLightly.

However, I found that since I need something in stock Craig and Mike couldn't help.

I did however talk to [email protected] and his cohort [email protected] and they hooked me up with a terrific deal on an arriving-next-week JL.

Also, quick shout out to [email protected] who couldn't get close enough to Lakeland in price but had great numbers right off the bat and was super easy to deal with. He's got quite a few JLs right now in Southern Alabama if you're looking for something in stock.

HellaYellaSoFl

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Ultimate Sport S
Finally heard back from Criswell (I emailed last week and forgot/never heard back) apparently there is no dealing at all on manuals since there are so few on lots.

eslincito

First Name
Eslin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
What Koons is this?
Wow, what type of discount were you given?
Sponsored