Recommended Dealers List

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Is your deal contingent on financing through them? Also is the discount lower on a 21 vs 20 that’s on the lot.
Some of it. 2% of the 7% is for using their financing. If it's a decent rate I'll use it. If it makes more sense to get something I think is better, I'll sacrifice the 2% or take it and re-fi or pay it of.

MotoMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD Granite Crystal Metallic
Is your deal contingent on financing through them? Also is the discount lower on a 21 vs 20 that’s on the lot.
I didn't inquire about any of their vehicles in stock so I couldn't say what kind of deals they might offer on those. I was working on an order for a 20, it was right at the cut-off and I ended up having to do a 21. I added the front trail camera and my total increase from 20 to 21 was about 2%.

Sponsored

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
Finalized a deal today with Kent Schurtleff at Peterson in Nampa. Price was great, and no hassle to get pricing and order done (other than some phone tag and my email always kicking his messages into the Junk folder). Thank you Kent!

Also worked with @MinerSteve from Butler in Linn, MO on pricing and availability the last week+. Very nice guy and his pricing was actually a little better, but about quadruple the trip home. I bet he'd be happy to give you some river trip and general Missouri recommendations for your own trip home. Thank you Steve!

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Retired
Some of it. 2% of the 7% is for using their financing. If it's a decent rate I'll use it. If it makes more sense to get something I think is better, I'll sacrifice the 2% or take it and re-fi or pay it of.
I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone used Criswells financing to see what they offered. But didn't get any replies. I guess no one uses their financing. Or, their offers are not competitive with what you can get on your own. IDK... In any case if it's not that good, I'll take theirs and refinance. Or, hopefully, they'll be offering the 0% for 36 months when I take delivery.

Cappy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
A friend of a friend will get me an Employee control number when I am ready to pull the trigger on the jeep. His only requirement is I use it before the end of the year.

I see that employee pricing is around 4.5% under factory invoice.

I am wondering if some of these dealers that are offering those fat 6% - 8% under invoice with no employee number can stack my employee discount with the the non employee discount they are offering.

Seems like they could because FCA reimburses them on the official employee discount. But could be against some dealer rules.

Anyone with experience buying with an employee discount?

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
I asked a couple of weeks ago if anyone used Criswells financing to see what they offered. But didn't get any replies. I guess no one uses their financing. Or, their offers are not competitive with what you can get on your own. IDK... In any case if it's not that good, I'll take theirs and refinance. Or, hopefully, they'll be offering the 0% for 36 months when I take delivery.
I am not going through Criswell, I am going through Jim Bulter CDJR. However I am in the same boat. 8 hour drive to pick up the Jeep and have to finance with them for discount. I hope the 0% for 36 is still going on when I sign. I intend to get a pre approval from local credit union before hand as I always do. That way they can meet or beat the rate.

Sponsored

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I am not going through Criswell, I am going through Jim Bulter CDJR. However I am in the same boat. 8 hour drive to pick up the Jeep and have to finance with them for discount. I hope the 0% for 36 is still going on when I sign. I intend to get a pre approval from local credit union before hand as I always do. That way they can meet or beat the rate.
That’s my plan too...

Last edited:

suss1173

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU, E46M, E70d,
Chriswell’s in house rates didn’t seem Terrible, but also not that competitive IMHO. It’s was a bit of work to pin down the rate... from what I can tell top credit 800+ your still going to be 3% or more for 48 months and if you take the 0% for 36 months, than you will have to give up 2% of the discount on the car.
Still great folks and not complaining, just sharing what I learned.

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

Does anyone have any good experience with the Southern California dealers by any chance? I've emailed a few of them in LA area with a build link, but had only one reply from some guy at AutoNation.com stating that the configuration I've built on jeep.com website "cannot be ordered as that car doesn't exist yet". I've got a canned reply from others and that was it. This is my first time buying a Jeep, so I am a little confused with the local service.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Does anyone have any good experience with the Southern California dealers by any chance? I've emailed a few of them in LA area with a build link, but had only one reply from some guy at AutoNation.com stating that the configuration I've built on jeep.com website "cannot be ordered as that car doesn't exist yet". I've got a canned reply from others and that was it. This is my first time buying a Jeep, so I am a little confused with the local service.
You can reach out to Rob Trachtman at Coastline Jeep in San Juan Capistrano. Mention the forum and he can assist you.

starzbullies

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Chriswell’s in house rates didn’t seem Terrible, but also not that competitive IMHO. It’s was a bit of work to pin down the rate... from what I can tell top credit 800+ your still going to be 3% or more for 48 months and if you take the 0% for 36 months, than you will have to give up 2% of the discount on the car.
Still great folks and not complaining, just sharing what I learned.
Thanks for the information! I wasn't counting on having to give up 2% if I went with their 0% Chrysler financing. Bank of America is a partner lender with Criswell. I can get pre-qualified for 2.64% from them.
Sponsored