Sponsored

Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper?

Winch Plate + Winch (Pick 1 plate + 1 winch)

• JCR

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Rusty's

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Maximus-3

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Rugged Ridge

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • WARN (plate)

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • LoD

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other (plate - add to comments)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Quadratec Stealth (winch)

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Smittybilt (list model in comments)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • WARN (list model in comments)

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • Other (winch - add to comments)

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I know a lot of people going to recommend VR EVO, just be careful EVO series has a built-in wireless function that will continuously leech your battery, so consider investing a power interrupting kit or quick disconnect.
Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The Mopar winch plate costs a little more but if you can get a discount on it, I prefer it. I was able to get it for less than MSRP but still more than the Warn. However, I wanted a plate that mounts behind the frame/bumper mount instead of in front. Install was perfect. I like how tight it holds everything to the grill. I'd recommend if you want to spend a little more.
I can usually get 20%-30% off the Mopar stuff from a guy I know that works at the local dealer so I am going to look at this.
What winch did you install on yours?

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I can usually get 20%-30% off the Mopar stuff from a guy I know that works at the local dealer so I am going to look at this.
What winch did you install on yours?
I did the Warn Zeon 10S. I debated on this because honestly.... I probably won't use my winch as much as others. More of a "just in case" thing. That said, I paid a little extra because the Zeon looks so cool. that thing is beefy. Instead of the plastic cover on the controller, its metal and built in and the wires are all internal. I think it was worth it now that its in.

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I did the Warn Zeon 10S. I debated on this because honestly.... I probably won't use my winch as much as others. More of a "just in case" thing. That said, I paid a little extra because the Zeon looks so cool. that thing is beefy. Instead of the plastic cover on the controller, its metal and built in and the wires are all internal. I think it was worth it now that its in.
Nice. Do you have a couple of photos? I love photos :)

Sponsored

Focker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ducati.ms
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
General Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you so much. That is very close to the grill but I guess you have just enough breathing room to be fine. Again THANK YOU for sharing!

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Thank you so much. That is very close to the grill but I guess you have just enough breathing room to be fine. Again THANK YOU for sharing!
Yeah! Its super close. But the only part that touches at all is the power cable. The Mopar kit actually comes with a clear peace of vinyl to wrap the bottom of the grill. I debated installing it but eventually did. You have to pull the grill which is actually super easy and made the install easier. I wanted it as close as possible so I love how it turned out.

gm920

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR Billet Silver
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Retired)
Installed mine today, Factory Steel Bumper, Rusty's Off Road Products winch Plate and SmittyBilt X2O Comp Winch. Will get some pictures when it stops raining and I can open the garage door. That might not be until Friday. Tomorrow will install the Warn Battery Disconnect and finish up my Flat Tow Wiring.

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Installed mine today, Factory Steel Bumper, Rusty's Off Road Products winch Plate and SmittyBilt X2O Comp Winch. Will get some pictures when it stops raining and I can open the garage door. That might not be until Friday. Tomorrow will install the Warn Battery Disconnect and finish up my Flat Tow Wiring.
Any pictures yet? Looking to do the same for mine as well.

Deerhorn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
I would like a picture of your battery disconnect if you get a chance. Thinking of adding one to mine.

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Random question - the steel plate for the steel bumper that sits in front of the bumper, behind the fairlead. Does that come with the steel bumper from Mopar, or is that another accessory that is needed to for the install?

If I pick up Rusty's winch plate and an out of the box Warn winch - do I need to buy that part in addition to?

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Random question - the steel plate for the steel bumper that sits in front of the bumper, behind the fairlead. Does that come with the steel bumper from Mopar, or is that another accessory that is needed to for the install?

If I pick up Rusty's winch plate and an out of the box Warn winch - do I need to buy that part in addition to?
That's the filler plate. The Warn winch plate comes with it, not sure about Rustys.
Sponsored