Sponsored

Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper?

Winch Plate + Winch (Pick 1 plate + 1 winch)

• JCR

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Rusty's

Votes: 15 11.0%
  • Maximus-3

Votes: 23 16.9%
  • Rugged Ridge

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • WARN (plate)

Votes: 58 42.6%
  • LoD

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other (plate - add to comments)

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • Quadratec Stealth (winch)

Votes: 9 6.6%
  • Smittybilt (list model in comments)

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • WARN (list model in comments)

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • Other (winch - add to comments)

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I am about to order a Maximus 3 winch plate. Great price and includes your choice of hook anchor or fair lead plate. Also includes nuts for bolts to be put back in for cosmetic reasons. As for winch I’m going with a Warn VR8S. I have had a Quadratec synthetic for years but it is going away with my JK.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper? CDBF4354-025F-4F51-944E-BD80E0E8F92A

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper? 309E0A38-ACEC-4FD0-B1BE-30FF1F2DA6EF
Sponsored

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not sure when you took those screenshots but their prices are a lot higher now. $289 & $319. Yikes. Was going to order, now may need to rethink.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Not sure when you took those screenshots but their prices are a lot higher now. $289 & $319. Yikes. Was going to order, now may need to rethink.
February 26th. I must say though that the stuff is really well made.

JAF1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I had ordered the Warn plate three weeks ago and was just informed today it's not shipping until the end of May so I'm looking for another plate. Also considering the new Grimm OffRoad plate. It's held to the frame with three bolts and the Maximus uses two. Not sure if that is a big deal or not. The Grimm plate just came out this month, so not a lot of feedback yet good or bad.

wsammyboy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 4 Door
I went with Maximus-3 for my steel bumper accessories (winch plate, JL Tow Loops, Filler trim plates, stealth license plate mount and JL Classic Hoop) and a Warn Zeon 10S for my winch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper? 309E0A38-ACEC-4FD0-B1BE-30FF1F2DA6EF

Very nice! I'm considering the same setup. Stupid question: what are the tow loops used for?

Sponsored

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! I'm considering the same setup. Stupid question: what are the tow loops used for?
Never a stupid question. The tow loops are used to flat tow the Jeep behind a RV. You just need to get the adapters and it will hook right up to Blue Ox tow bars.

wsammyboy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Never a stupid question. The tow loops are used to flat tow the Jeep behind a RV. You just need to get the adapters and it will hook right up to Blue Ox tow bars.
Gotcha! Thanks! That definitely helps in my decision process. Since I'll never tow my Jeep behind an RV, I probably wouldn't need them. I did see (after asking the question) that some people use them to hang the hook on the winch line from them. Still, I kind of prefer the look without them. I'm definitely going with the Maximus winch plate though. Now to decide between the Smittybuilt and the Warn (price is definitely a contributing factor).

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Gotcha! Thanks! That definitely helps in my decision process. Since I'll never tow my Jeep behind an RV, I probably wouldn't need them. I did see (after asking the question) that some people use them to hang the hook on the winch line from them. Still, I kind of prefer the look without them. I'm definitely going with the Maximus winch plate though. Now to decide between the Smittybuilt and the Warn (price is definitely a contributing factor).
I’ve yet to tow the Jeep behind the RV (we’re thinking of selling the RV). But I use the tow loops as a mount for the shackles. I’m a fan of closed loop winching, not using the Rubicon hooks if I don’t need to. As far as a winch, I went with the Warn Zeon 10s because it’s made in the US. But, it’sdefinitely not cheap but for me it was within my budget. Ive only had to use it once so far and it worked as advertised (with a Factor 55 pulley).

wsammyboy

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve yet to tow the Jeep behind the RV (we’re thinking of selling the RV). But I use the tow loops as a mount for the shackles. I’m a fan of closed loop winching, not using the Rubicon hooks if I don’t need to. As far as a winch, I went with the Warn Zeon 10s because it’s made in the US. But, it’sdefinitely not cheap but for me it was within my budget. Ive only had to use it once so far and it worked as advertised (with a Factor 55 pulley).
Thanks for the info! I ended up going with the Smittybilt X20 12,000 with the Maximus 3 mount and Factor 55 Flatlink. It should be here Monday. I hope to get it installed next week.

OnceBitten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have the steel bumper and installed JCR winch plate, skid plate and bull bar. They all fit perfect without issue. Heavy duty material. Winch I have is the Smittybilt X20. Regardless of what you choose, I recommend mounting the winch on the winch plate before mounting the bumper. Will save many headaches and wall-punches.
This is the combo I got for our 18 JLRU, but when I installed the winch, the winch was SUPER close to the grill and the wires for the controller were pinched between the winch and the grill. I wasn’t happy with this, so I uninstalled everything to re-evaluate. At this point I’m unsure whether the JCR winch plate was mis-drilled or if this is expected. Can you offer any feedback?

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I opted for the Warn winch plate for the factory steel bumper, a Zeon 12s wired up with the power interrupt solenoid, and a Factor55 1" fairlead and Ultrahook with rope guard. Not much to take a picture of once installed, as the winch sits nice and low between the frame rails.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper? 20210918_141703_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations: Winch Plate + Winch for Stock Steel Bumper? 20210920_101429

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
This is the combo I got for our 18 JLRU, but when I installed the winch, the winch was SUPER close to the grill and the wires for the controller were pinched between the winch and the grill. I wasn’t happy with this, so I uninstalled everything to re-evaluate. At this point I’m unsure whether the JCR winch plate was mis-drilled or if this is expected. Can you offer any feedback?
Mine is similar. Can't say it's expected or not but others are close like that, too. I don't like it but it doesn't bother me anymore.

RayBee

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Warn Zeon Platinum, Factor 55 Fairlead, Factor 55 Flat Link, Factor 55 Security Bolts and Rigid S Series Midnight 10" LED Light Bar
Sponsored