Sponsored

Recommendations on lift, wheels and tires?

Keveitel

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Hey all, I have a 2020 JL (4 Door,). I want to put a lift and don't want to go higher than 3". Also, I like an agressive look and want to put on 20 inch Rims with Nitto grapplers.

So,
1) Can you recommend a good lift?
2) what would to reccomend for the size ( including width) of tire. Im concerned with rubbing with too big of a tire.

Can you share your reccomendation and pictures if possible

I thank you in advance
Sponsored

Cazadores

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2020 Firecracker Willys,
I'm pretty happy with stock height right now, but it seems like the 2" mopar lift is pretty popular. Should I decide to lift my JLR, thats likely what I'd go with.

Good luck and have fun.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Going with 20” wheels means you most likely won’t be off-roading (at least with only 3” lift). If that’s the case, just get a spacer lift. Saves some money and you wouldn’t be using the added benefit of long travel springs, etc., anyway. Would still want trackbar and control arm geometry correction.

R3D J33P

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR - Firecracker Red
So question on the Mopar lift. Have they finally fixed the spring issue. I know the original had issues then they supposedly fixed it but heard people were still having Spring bowing issues.

Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
I’m a little biased but I agree with word on the lift suggestions of Metalcloak or rock krawler. One of the benefits of the higher end lifts are the performances off road. However, what is often overlooked is the substantial improvement in the on road handling and ride! I have honestly yet to do a Jeep with 20s. Been requested many times but when I explain the benefits of the 17s, the customer trusts my judgement and so far we’re batting at 100% satisfaction on ride!

If looks are more important than ride, the 20s will work but be aware the side will suffer some.

Brett

HeresRonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey all, I have a 2020 JL (4 Door,). I want to put a lift and don't want to go higher than 3". Also, I like an agressive look and want to put on 20 inch Rims with Nitto grapplers.

So,
1) Can you recommend a good lift?
2) what would to reccomend for the size ( including width) of tire. Im concerned with rubbing with too big of a tire.

Can you share your reccomendation and pictures if possible

I thank you in advance
I just started building my JL and researched a ton about the same subject. I ended up buying a Metalcloak 2.5 gamechanger. Metalcloak seems to be a proven and respected lift and room to expand on later. I think its going to be personal opinions but i've driven and rode in friends jeeps with Metalcloak lifts and they were awesome. I'd recommend looking into it, seems to be what youre looking for.

OP
OP

Keveitel

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
I’m a little biased but I agree with word on the lift suggestions of Metalcloak or rock krawler. One of the benefits of the higher end lifts are the performances off road. However, what is often overlooked is the substantial improvement in the on road handling and ride! I have honestly yet to do a Jeep with 20s. Been requested many times but when I explain the benefits of the 17s, the customer trusts my judgement and so far we’re batting at 100% satisfaction on ride!

If looks are more important than ride, the 20s will work but be aware the side will suffer some.

Brett
Thanks for the info. What are the benefits of the 17's over the 20's? Im not married to the 20's and not yet well versed on lifts so I appreciate any info you could give me?

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Thanks for the info. What are the benefits of the 17's over the 20's? Im not married to the 20's and not yet well versed on lifts so I appreciate any info you could give me?
The simplified answer is there’s more rubber to absorb road imperfections between the ground and wheel. With a 20” wheel, you’re loosing approx 1.5” of insulating rubber. Every little bit helps and if you decide to wheel later on, you have less tire to damage exposed and the ride is substantially better too.

Brett

OP
OP

Keveitel

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
The simplified answer is there’s more rubber to absorb road imperfections between the ground and wheel. With a 20” wheel, you’re loosing approx 1.5” of insulating rubber. Every little bit helps and if you decide to wheel later on, you have less tire to damage exposed and the ride is substantially better too.

Brett
Thanks for the info...makes alot of sense.
Sponsored