Sponsored

Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep.

KenPewPew

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR Granite Crystal, 24 JLUR Anvil
Occupation
Twubblemaker
What do you guys do to keep your Jeep clean? I recently got a new Jeep and has been obsessed about keeping it pristine. I don't want to spend $25 every week to wash my Jeep and they use some oily substance to clean the interior which is really iffy. Yes yes - I am sure that this subject has been discussed before - but there are new stuff in the market now.

If you guys have any tips, please share. This is not a HSN post - these are the items that I actually bought.

For cleaning the exterior I bought Sun Joe portable pressure washer. I live in a high rise so space are limited and there are no garden hose although there are sources of water closeby. So a battery powered pressure washer (which is quite powerful) that runs for 45 minutes works well for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep. 1604367232421

*thats not my butt by the way

I use a foam cannon to coat my car with the Mr Pink car shampoo and it was really satisfying to see the copious amount of foam and bubbles on my car. I then use a microfiber cloth to gentle scrub the exterior.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep. 1604367528046

For interior I start with using my powerful 4.0 HP 2 speed air dryer/blower (that I used to dry my two dogs) to blow the dirt out of my Jeep - the dashboard, the floormat everything! It was quick an easy. I also use the dryer to blow the water out of the exterior of my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep. 1604367917255

Then I wipe it with interior detailer wipes - I used Meguiar but do share if you have better experience with other products.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep. 1604368083292

* do you know of any better substitutes?

For light maintenance between wash - I found out that OXO Microfiber Duster do a great job in picking up dust and dirt on any interior surface of the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations on cleaning, washing and maintaining a Jeep. 1604368194263

*p.s: Don't buy it from amazon ($17). Buy it from local stores like Target and Bed Bath ($7)

I never thought that I would be one of those guy who would be happy washing and maintaining a vehicle. I always think that it is weird that people would spend hours cleaning their rides. But now I finally understand cause for the first time I am totally in love with my Jeep! And that is pretty messed up.

So if you have any pointers on keeping a Jeep clean and pristine - do share! Thanks.
Sponsored

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Life’s too short. Keep it garaged if you want the paint to last. Air dry instead of cloth, even microfiber will scratch. Clay bar if you must obsess.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Jeeps are the one vehicle that look better dirty. Mine gets washed when it rains.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
1604368083292.png

* do you know of any better substitutes?
Get yourself a gallon of all purpose cleaner and dilute it down into a spray bottle. For interior I like about 15:1 but anywhere from 10:1 to 25:1 would work. It'll take years for you to run out of APC for this use, it's cheap as is and you can use the APC on other things. You can use stronger dilutions on floor mats or your rims too.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Just go to the Griots Garage website and you’ll find out all you need to know.

A thread “how to wash my freakin’ car”....really?
Sponsored