Recommendations for Safe Dog Travel

cnyjl

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR, 2019 Ram Rebel Crew, 2019 HD FLTRXS, 2018 HD FLFBS ANV
Ya, the licking of odd things is amazing, not having rear windows with top off is a double selling feature for me lol.

Also, the drinking water out of a bowl for literally 5 minutes is amazing too. My wife counted yesterday, my big boxer did 330 licks to get his drink, we just pause tv til he is done cause its so loud.

And ya I second the best of luck to Ybo's boxers during vet trip, that ones rough

My female has much more than a licking problem. I've never had a dog with such a long tongue. I have very few shots of her when her tongue isn't hanging out of her mouth, and it's always hanging out when she's sleeping. I used to worry about it because it gets so dried out. She will lick my wife on demand and when my wife tries to hide her face I tell Riley to "dig for it" and she will get to my wife's face no matter what. Like taking a slimy bath. Img_6952.jpg IMG_8220.jpg

Img_5187.jpg

Img_5909.jpg

Img_6530.jpg

Img_5973.jpg
Sponsored

kcjl

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JGC CRD
NOT using United Airlines....

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I as well have a goldendoodle who loves the wind when the top is down, but he's much larger. I'm 6'1 and this dog can stand up eye to eye with me with his paws on my shoulders. He's about 100 pounds of fluff and curls, but On-topic, I use a Kong harness with a seat belt attachment. It just connects the seatbelt, to his harness with very little slack, since he has jumped out of the back before to chase a deer. Luckily, we were stopped.

Sponsored

sost1sg

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR; 2015 SRT Grand Cherokee
Love boxers!! This is my older one, Maya, now 8 years old. Have a 2 year old as well. They can't wait for the Jeep!

Sorry for your loss of Brodie. They really are awesome dogs

IMG_0663.jpeg

IMG_0664.jpeg
Ugh. I miss my boxer. They are the greatest! Mine guarding a starbucks in the back of my old JK!! Wish they lasted longer. :(

fullsizeoutput_27.jpeg

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
I have a 60 lb goldendoodle who rides with me in the car on a regular basis. I'm new to the wrangler lifestyle and I'm nervous that he might jump (or fall) out of my new Jeep if the soft top is down. Does anyone have a harness they could recommend? I'd ideally like something I could hook to the roll bar so my dog could ride in the cargo area and not on the back seats. However I'm open to any suggestion so long as it keeps my best friend safely inside the Jeep. Thanks!
Just like you, your best friend is safer when he's secured and restrained. Use a pet carrier. Even a shipping carrier such as a VariKennel will suffice.

Thirty-two years ago, I was in a solo rollover in a Bronco II when it oversteered and I lost control at 50 mph. In the back were two black Labs in a strapped-down kennel crate. They were unharmed, although the vehicle was totaled and I spent the next three months in the hospital with a crushed and dislocated left elbow when I was pinned from the shoulder down under the driver's side. The seatbelt, however, did save my life.

Hint: When driving with the window down, keep your body parts inside. Do not even rest your arm on the window frame. Been there, done that, got the scars to prove it.

Sponsored

My#8andlast

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Lloyd Mats Rubbertite Rear Cargo Mat for 07-14 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door | Quadratec
https://www.quadratec.com/products/14149_50X_PG.htm

It's a thick rubber with the grip nipples on the bottom and square indentions on top. It's nice.
The picture you posted of the liner in your vehicle looks way better than the picture on the Quadratec website (all wrinkly, not lined up right, etc.).