Sponsored

Recommendations for no-lift suspension upgrades to hand heavy loads better.

Bootloot

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 4 dr, 4 cy.
Hello everyone,

New to the Jeep world, but bought a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon (JL, 4dr, 4cy). I need recommendations on suspension upgrades that doesn’t add any lift to the stock Rubicon, but that is designed to help with the additional load of my roof top tent (160lbs), cargo, and hitch mounted cargo box. I have a family of four with 2 small kids and there is a lot of stuff we need to take. Our primary use is mild to moderate overlanding, no rock crawling. We want to keep the stock height of the Jeep since we use this as a daily driver and its already challenging for my short wife and two small kids to get into the Jeep. Any good recommendations? I should mention that the Jeep is pretty much stock. I have only added the Rhino roof platform with backbone and a tailgate table.

Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello everyone,

New to the Jeep world, but bought a 2020 Wrangler Rubicon (JL, 4dr, 4cy). I need recommendations on suspension upgrades that doesn’t add any lift to the stock Rubicon, but that is designed to help with the additional load of my roof top tent (160lbs), cargo, and hitch mounted cargo box. I have a family of four with 2 small kids and there is a lot of stuff we need to take. Our primary use is mild to moderate overlanding, no rock crawling. We want to keep the stock height of the Jeep since we use this as a daily driver and its already challenging for my short wife and two small kids to get into the Jeep. Any good recommendations? I should mention that the Jeep is pretty much stock. I have only added the Rhino roof platform with backbone and a tailgate table.

Thanks!
Stiffer springs perhaps, but this would affect ride quality when you're not loaded down.

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Do they make airbags for Jeep’s? That’s what they do for pickups

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone,

Thanks!
I'm in a similar situation as you and opted for the Air Lift Wireless One set up. It works great and you can adjust the amount of boost the bags give the rear springs on the fly. Really easy set up.

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I'm in a similar situation as you and opted for the Air Lift Wireless One set up. It works great and you can adjust the amount of boost the bags give the rear springs on the fly. Really easy set up.
Can you post a picture showing your compressor set up?

Thanks

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you post a picture showing your compressor set up?

Thanks
Sure thing. So here is the overall set up...
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for no-lift suspension upgrades to hand heavy loads better. IMG_5556

Here is where I routed the power to the interior after fishing the wiring through the passenger side frame rail...
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for no-lift suspension upgrades to hand heavy loads better. IMG_5559

Here's the ground wire attachment point...
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for no-lift suspension upgrades to hand heavy loads better. IMG_5557

And finally, here is where I routed the air hose to the exterior through a rubber grommet (sealed on the outside with copious amounts of rtv...
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for no-lift suspension upgrades to hand heavy loads better. IMG_5558

mtbjeep

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
That's a pretty slick set-up. Thanks for sharing. Could that compressor also handle a tire?

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's a pretty slick set-up. Thanks for sharing. Could that compressor also handle a tire?
Thanks. Not sure about using it for a tire. It could handle the psi, but it could take forever and I don't know what the duty cycle is on that compressor.
Sponsored