Recommendations for mod friendly AZ dealership

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
My Jeep is pulling to the right - camber is off - and nothing we’ve tried has fixed it (tire rotation, steering stabilizers, control arm adjustment). Four wheel drive shop thinks we should take it to the dealer cuz something is wrong. Anyone found any dealers in the west valley who are mod friendly? I don’t want to waste more time with a dealer who will just say “it’s lifted so not our problem”.
Sponsored

RC3

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR 392 - '20 JTR - '21 GCL
Well it's not in the West Valley, but Oxendale in Cottonwood is where I go. They are off-roaders themselves and do many of the modifications and repairs for Nena Barlow. My JL is heavily modified and they have handled the warranty repairs with no issues.

OP
OP
azjlur

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
My problem is finding someone who does alignments on 37s and knows what the hell they’re doing. Something is wrong somewhere and 2 four wheel drive shops told me to take it to the dealer who can take it apart and diagnose it. I just don’t know how much more money I want to throw at this.

OP
OP
azjlur

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
If the camber is off, you've most likely got something bent. Solid axles don't really adjust for camber...though there are offset ball joints to correct some problems.
Yeah that’s what everyone is telling us. I don’t know how it bent since it just started when we lifted it. 2 shops told me to take it to the dealer and see what they say.

Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
For what it is worth, on my JLUR, I added the Mopar lift. This left the axles 3/4 inches off center, so I added a Metal Cloak track bar to correct it, which worked. I then noticed a small wobble, not too bad, but repeatable.

I added adjustable Metal Cloak lower control arms, adjusted the camber to 6, and everything has been wonderful since then. The 37" tires were zeroed out, so no issue with them.

I also added the fox adjustable steering stabilizer for added control, it may not have been a requirement, but a nice thing.

I had the work done at Summit Jeep, to take me out of the variables, and use their expertise. I have had zero issues since then, and have done a bunch of 4x4 since then.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring