Sponsored

Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers?

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Are the Rough Countries full Neoprene or just neoprene down the middle section. Looking for full Neoprene?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The video on the link you provided shows the Cover-King having a horrible fit. That is a problem with also any of them that have a texture or color panels it seems to amplify poor fit. That is why i went with all black, however very happy with the fit. Seat covers for me are throw away and will change out as needed, however with the RC covers for my use will be about a 4 year cycle.
So your liking the Rough Country Covers? Are they full Neoprene/Wetsuit or just Neoprene up the middle.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
So your liking the Rough Country Covers? Are they full Neoprene/Wetsuit or just Neoprene up the middle.
All Neoprene. Keep in mind the Neoprene used in all these seat covers is not the dense neoprene of say a wet-suite they are lighter and also have some other padding on the backside. Actual wet-suit neoprene would cost as much as Leather...

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
All Neoprene. Keep in mind the Neoprene used in all these seat covers is not the dense neoprene of say a wet-suite they are lighter and also have some other padding on the backside. Actual wet-suit neoprene would cost as much as Leather...
I just don't want them to scream cheap... I can spend whats need within reason, but I want top quality.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I just don't want them to scream cheap... I can spend whats need within reason, but I want top quality.

Do they look like a factory install? NO, do they look pretty good? YES These light weight Neoprene seat covers are designed to fit well and protect your stock seats covering. I was concerned about the same when I purchased mine and now having them on nearly 2 years I would buy them again. AS for the more expensive neoprene seat covers they are no better then the lower cost ones except they have color options (which in my opinion makes them look worse as the color panels accentuates the lack of factory fit). If seat covers had a factory like fit you would likely not be able to install them yourself.

Keep in mind Neoprene easily fades from the sun which is why you do not want to spend too much on them that is assuming you have a soft top that is often down, then will do better with a hard top.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I pulled the trigger on the RCs. The reviews on them were very good everywhere I looked. Just hope they don't scream cheap. Could have sworn last year I had come across several brands that were selling for about 600+ per set and were Elite level. Anyway trigger pulled...

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the trigger on the RCs. The reviews on them were very good everywhere I looked. Just hope they don't scream cheap. Could have sworn last year I had come across several brands that were selling for about 600+ per set and were Elite level. Anyway trigger pulled...
I think they scream "Jeep". In my opinion they look better than the stock cloth.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Please report back on the RC's after you get them installed and congrats on pulling the trigger! Based on their reviews, I'm sure you'll be happy. Jeep on!

It won't matter to you at this point, but others should note Coverking (and maybe others, too) makes a couple different kinds of Neoprene covers including the top of the line true wetsuit material version. The color choice has nothing to do with the fit, either, it's just personal choice as the solid black ones are designed and fitted the same as the ones with color sections. https://www.coverking.com/seat-cove...eat-cover-for-2020-jeep-wrangler-sport-s.html.

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Please report back on the RC's after you get them installed and congrats on pulling the trigger! Based on their reviews, I'm sure you'll be happy. Jeep on!

It won't matter to you at this point, but others should note Coverking (and maybe others, too) makes a couple different kinds of Neoprene covers including the top of the line true wetsuit material version. The color choice has nothing to do with the fit, either, it's just personal choice as the solid black ones are designed and fitted the same as the ones with color sections. https://www.coverking.com/seat-cove...eat-cover-for-2020-jeep-wrangler-sport-s.html.

My point about color is quite often when you have color panels to provides depth which accentuates the lack of tight fit on those colored panel covers vs the Black you do not see or notice that it is not a 100% tight fit. However they all pretty much fit the same just more obvious with colors

Sponsored

24fpsecond

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Sting-Gray 4xe
These are my Wet Okole custom seat covers on my Jeep to protect the leather seats from the sun and other elements. I’ve been using them for my other cars as well and they are fantastic. They are thick neoprene and don’t fade. The fit is on point and are easily washable. I chose the black with red piping to match the original Rubicon leather underneath.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? DE108CD7-CB70-4395-8BD8-1A265C6048D1
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? 393ED8F5-B67A-4E6A-876B-583718F00B6B
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? A3D5F359-3B1A-47BC-A99B-8CC5CFE29D54

Last edited:

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wife’s)
Occupation
Retired
my dog always rides shotgun, and after two sets of her ripping up the neoprene seat covers with her claws, I moved to sheepskin..

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
I'm another one of the satisfied RC seat cover owners (for a year+). Their look and wear screams "high quality" in my opinion.

One suggestion before installation day, let them air out a day or so to reduce the neoprene smell. Just a thought.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Yeah, they are on now. They are good. The driver side bottom cover is sliding (forward) a bit, which is causing the actually upholstery to be exposed. I am assuming that's becauseI must have installed it wrong. If I can't remedy the sliding (forward) issue, then I will have to deduct a few points. They are not 100% Neoprene/Wet Suit material, but you can't tell that just by looking at them. Otherwise, they project quality and are a good buy for $200. I actually liked the wet-suit smell.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
These are my Wet Okole custom seat covers on my Jeep to protect the leather seats from the sun and other elements. I’ve been using them for my other cars as well and they are fantastic. They are thick neoprene and don’t fade. The fit is on point and are easily washable. I chose the black with red piping to match the original Rubicon leather underneath.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for high quality Neoprene seat covers? A3D5F359-3B1A-47BC-A99B-8CC5CFE29D54
The fact that you said "thick neoprene", makes we want to switch to these at some point, no time soon though..
Sponsored