Sponsored

Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL?

Oldbear

First Name
Dwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel; 20 JL Sport S 2 door
Looking to get a set o full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL. I want something not a lot heavier than stock that will work with factory LED foglights. Also must accommodate a winch. Lots of options available. Anyone have recommendations, either pro or con? Thanks!
Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I have the Warn Elite full width front and rear bumpers and very happy with them! They offer much better ground clearance than OEM bumpers and better than most aftermarket, also they fit with the OEM trailer tow package without having to relocate the OEM receiver. Mounting the LED OEM fog's are a bit of a PIA however...

The picture of the rear bumper seems to show a dent/crease on the left side of the bumper but it is just a reflection-bumper is perfect!

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? IMG_1917

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? IMG_1775

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
I have the Warn Elite full width front and rear bumpers and very happy with them! They offer much better ground clearance than OEM bumpers and better than most aftermarket, also they fit with the OEM trailer tow package without having to relocate the OEM receiver. Mounting the LED OEM fog's are a bit of a PIA however...

The picture of the rear bumper seems to show a dent/crease on the left side of the bumper but it is just a reflection-bumper is perfect!

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? IMG_1775

Looks great! Is that a 33" tire on the stock tailgate mount? I have 35's on the stock mount, and like how the tire at that size rests slightly on the bumper- provides extra support. Would a 35" tire do the same on this bumper on the stock mount?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Is that a 33" tire on the stock tailgate mount? I have 35's on the stock mount, and like how the tire at that size rests slightly on the bumper- provides extra support. Would a 35" tire do the same on this bumper on the stock mount?

Thanks! That is a 35" KO2 on OEM Rubi wheels, picture was taken before I changed wheels to 17"x8.5" Hardrocks with 5.2" of backspace. NOTE: If using 35" tires on OEM Rubi wheels, you will need a 1/4" to 5/16" spacer between the wheel and OEM tailgate mount for proper clearance when using most aftermarket steel bumpers.

AirportDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUXR, 2018 GC Trailhawk Hemi
Occupation
Aeronautics Professional
Awesome- my 35's are on the OEM wheels- appreciate the tip. Would you say you've lost departure angle with the Warn over the OEM steel bumper?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome- my 35's are on the OEM wheels- appreciate the tip. Would you say you've lost departure angle and clearance with the Warn over the OEM steel bumper?

I had the OEM plastic bumper and clearance/departure angle was increased substantially over the factory bumper.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Went with RockHard 4x4 aluminum front (mid-width) and aluminum rear. Have winch in front. Uses OEM LED fogs. Also uses rear parking sensors (without issues).

Have hit them hard and just scratches (aluminum gouges unlike steel). No rust. Kept shape and did not deform.

Saved significant weight.

Would buy again.

JLURUBI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Diesel
I ran the ADD Stealth Fighter rear bumper on my 2018 JL with the Baja Designs cube lights. Fit, finish and looks are great. You can pull the 3 bolt on trim plates and paint for extra contrast. Spare tire carrier can be added later if needed. Weight is reasonable and not too bulky. I’ll be getting one for my new Diesel when it comes in.
Ran the Roam aluminum front bumper. No complaints.
I would be cognizant of the weight of the bumpers. Extra weight seems to affect handling and power, not as bad as the JK but still noticeable

Last edited:

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed the Body Armor 4x4 full width on mine today. Can't say I recommend it. Instructions were lacking, the included wiring to splice in the license plate light was too short. NO hardware to mount said license plate light. Alignment to body is abysmal, and really question the sturdiness of the license mount. While it was dirt cheap and I enjoy a challenge the average mall crawler would be WAY over their head.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)

IMG_1917.jpg

IMG_1775.jpg
X2.

I like the factory steel front bumper and it’s ease of conversion to a stubby, but I didn’t like the factory rear. I went with the Warn Elite rear and added their tire carrier after hearing horror stories about the tailgate not being able to carry the weight of 37s — even with the Mopar reinforcement kit. I have a 37” KO2 mounted on the Warn Elite and it is solid as a rock.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendations for full width front and rear steel (or aluminum) bumpers for my JL? 374D4D62-63E8-4234-901F-6097C74506F3

Sponsored

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
Where is the license plate mounted on these steel rears... I have stock plastic rear, and stock steel front.

Grand Lake Special

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Sport Sarge Green
Occupation
retired teacher & building administrator
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the Paramount full width steel bumper.. 400.00 free ship from Quadratech. very happy with it.

Jeep front bumper winch.JPG

jeep bumper front view.JPG

PetePetePete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport (WTB)
I'm looking for a steel rear... what do people like. Not looking for too expensive.

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Another vote for RockHard. Made in USA, fits like it should and takes a thumping without a problem. Also the best if you plan to flat tow. PetePetePete, take a look at Tyger on amazon. China crap but they are pretty good crap.