Recommendations for CB/VHF Radio?

Jeepadoodle

First Name
Kerwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
I sent Midland an email and got no response.
Bummer. Maybe we will see something from Midland after the first of the year. Everything seems delayed this year. No worries. I just want to have mine installed before Spring.
Sponsored

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had heard Midland was coming out with a higher powered version of the MTX275 near Christmas. Anyone else heard this or seen the new model yet?

Pretty sure I want to go with the Cool Tech mount for the spare tire bracket, just wondering if a new high power GMRS radio with integrated controls is worth the wait.
I heard that also. Don't remember where. Cant confirm. My Ham is a European spec that will do GMRS freqs, so ...

prerunner1982

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokees
I had heard Midland was coming out with a higher powered version of the MTX275 near Christmas. Anyone else heard this or seen the new model yet?
Last I saw on their FB page was that they were now looking at an early 2021 release, however I still don't see anything on the FCC authorization for such a radio so they may push that date back again.

Jeepadoodle

First Name
Kerwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
Last I saw on their FB page was that they were now looking at an early 2021 release, however I still don't see anything on the FCC authorization for such a radio so they may push that date back again.
Thanks.

Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5

Pretty sure I want to go with the Cool Tech mount for the spare tire bracket, just wondering if a new high power GMRS radio with integrated controls is worth the wait.
Well darn. I just received my 275 direct from Midland yesterday. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy another one and stick this one in another vehicle!

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Well darn. I just received my 275 direct from Midland yesterday. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy another one and stick this one in another vehicle!
Naw, the one they are talking about won’t be out for another 6 months at least it sounds like

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The 275 is great and reaches way out with clarity, especially with a 6db antenna. The new 40w will just be gravy. I've been very happy with the 275.

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
The 275 is great and reaches way out with clarity, especially with a 6db antenna. The new 40w will just be gravy. I've been very happy with the 275.
I ordered the 400 and will have it mounted on an overhead Molle by the time this new one is out.

Hopefully you guys enjoy it when it arrives

Morris4x4

First Name
Morris 4x4
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.morris4x4center.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, '13 JK
I'm ham as well now. We still have a CB in our 4runner but got rid of the one in the taco and jeep and went ham + the 15 min ham video cert thing.

-Julia

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the 400 and will have it mounted on an overhead Molle by the time this new one is out.

Hopefully you guys enjoy it when it arrives
I have the 400 in my JK. It's a beast! Nice loud volume on the speaker, too. The 275 is loud, but the 400 is a whole different level. No worries about top off or doors off with that thing!

Post up when you get it mounted!

OP
OP
40”JLURD

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I have the 400 in my JK. It's a beast! Nice loud volume on the speaker, too. The 275 is loud, but the 400 is a whole different level. No worries about top off or doors off with that thing!

Post up when you get it mounted!
I will and I’m hooking it up with the @CoolTech bracket and the Midland 6db antenna. Should be a great setup!
Sponsored