Sponsored

Recommendations for 37's

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLR; 2019 Bikini Sahara JLU (wife's)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure this question has been asked before but search hasn't yielded the results I'm looking for. What's everyone's opinion on the best 37" M/T that offers grip, a relatively quiet highway ride, and doesn't weigh a metric ton? Off-road use would be for just about any level of trail, easy to difficult. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
I'm assuming you've got a Rubicon if you're thinking of 37's. I installed a 2.5" Rough Country spacer lift to do some test fitting while I wait for my proper kit (going with the JKS 2.5" Heavy Duty kit). I'm running OEM wheels with Quadratec 1.75" spacers with 37x12.50 Mastercraft MXT's.

These tires are fairly light for a 37. I'm still running the OEM spare tire on my tailgate as I don't have the reinforcement bracket or relocation bracket just yet.

Pics for reference - looks good, rides good, doesn't rub. 10/10.

IMG_0598.jpg

Reactions: apb
OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info, I hadn't looked at Mastercraft but will do a little research.

Edit: And yes, a Rubicon with 2.5" RK lift.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Thanks for the info, I hadn't looked at Mastercraft but will do a little research.

Edit: And yes, a Rubicon with 2.5" RK lift.
I hadn't even considered the Mastercraft's until I saw another member on here running them @Nick80. In fact, I'm pretty sure his JLUR is an exact twin of mine.

I was looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler's, Trail Grappler's, and the General Grabber X3's. A full set of the Mastercraft's was $500-600 cheaper than the Nitto's and General's - I don't think I would have got $500-600 more out of those tires opposed to the Mastercaft's.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I had 37x12.50r17 Mastercraft MXT on a previous jeep.

Quiet and smooth on road. Did well offroad.

Measured 36x13.1 under the jeep.

Sponsored

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
I had 37x12.50r17 Mastercraft MXT on a previous jeep.

Quiet and smooth on road. Did well offroad.

Measured 36x13.1 under the jeep.
How many miles did you put on them? Did you take them on the rocks, roots/stumps? I'm curious how the 2 ply sidewall held up in tougher conditions?

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
How many miles did you put on them? Did you take them on the rocks, roots/stumps? I'm curious how the 2 ply sidewall held up in tougher conditions?
Put about 10k on them prior to selling the jeep. They still looked good.

My offroading it is limited to mud, dirt, trails, snow. No rocks here in northern Illinois.

OP
OP
apb

apb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hadn't even considered the Mastercraft's until I saw another member on here running them @Nick80. In fact, I'm pretty sure his JLUR is an exact twin of mine.

I was looking at the Nitto Ridge Grappler's, Trail Grappler's, and the General Grabber X3's. A full set of the Mastercraft's was $500-600 cheaper than the Nitto's and General's - I don't think I would have got $500-600 more out of those tires opposed to the Mastercaft's.
Thanks to your feedback and reading others, I believe I'm going to go with the Mastercraft. What PSI you drive around at for normal day to day driving?
Sponsored