Sponsored

Recommendation on a shop for re-gearing in Socal?

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Finally gearing up for the re-gear, so I'm looking for a shop in Socal. I'm thinking Rebel Offroad simply based on Trail Recon's recommendation. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Biconia

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
hi mate
im also looking for Shop for Re-gear , if find some reputable shop ill chime in

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Thats who rebel uses, and they fucked mine up lol and didnt torque the caliper and it fell off on the road. They also broke one of the bearings and still used it. I had to take it to a local guy that fixed the locker and the gearing. Rebel and those guys wouldnt warranty it

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
All 4 wheel drive in corona. Guy is a small shop and very busy but he is very nice, personable and does great work

Sponsored

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Finally gearing up for the re-gear, so I'm looking for a shop in Socal. I'm thinking Rebel Offroad simply based on Trail Recon's recommendation. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
Haven't had personal experience, although I've heard Outlaw Offroad does good work.
Had some work done at a small shop called Full Tilt Offroad in San Clemente, they do good work.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I had mobilegear come to a buddys shop near me and do mine for cheaper than Rebel charges. No issues and with two guys about one hour. No problem thus far, maybe because I was watching them the whole time...

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
I went to Rebel Offroad for mine. Their pricing is online and includes a gear oil change at 500 miles after break in. Service was great despite a lack of communication on other work I had there. (re: pick up time, had to make a second trip) Just tell them not to put a sticker on your window 'cause they will. Unless you want one of course.

gsxr310

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thats who rebel uses, and they fucked mine up lol and didnt torque the caliper and it fell off on the road. They also broke one of the bearings and still used it. I had to take it to a local guy that fixed the locker and the gearing. Rebel and those guys wouldnt warranty it
Ya rebel uses them exclusively! Not sure why the mobile gear shop wouldn’t fix their screw up!!! Interested in their story now.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ya rebel uses them exclusively! Not sure why the mobile gear shop wouldn’t fix their screw up!!! Interested in their story now.
Well to be clear outlaw offroad installed my gears, rebel installed the locker later, wouldnt warranty it, drove home heard loud banging every time i would brake, noticed the caliper hanging. Rebel paid to tow it back and they fixed it ill give them that. But the locker was leaking Air when i got home And he blamed it on my install, i had to fix that and it was in fact thier fault not tightening the air lines. then it would not stop puking oil. And the whole locker locked up on me offroad. I just gave up and that all 4 wheel drive place dude fixed me up replaced all the bearings and the orings and its been golden ever since

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Its simple tasks that got over looked which is why i wont go back.

OP
OP
csspar

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Lots of interesting information in this thread! Thanks for all the replies.

OP
OP
csspar

csspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Its simple tasks that got over looked which is why i wont go back.
I'm confused about which guys actually messed up in your case. Was it mobile gear shop or rebel offroad?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused about which guys actually messed up in your case. Was it mobile gear shop or rebel offroad?
Both, mobile jacked up the bearings and locker install rebel didnt tighten the caliper or do a final check, they are the ones ultimately liable. Rebel takes it apart mobile does gears rebel puts it back together
Sponsored