Sponsored

Recommendation for exhaust for new 2021 Sahara?

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara
Hey all,
This is my first post on here and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an exhaust system (or just a muffler) to give some good sound to a stock 2021 Wrangler Sahara. Just looking for some good around town extra growl in the sound but nothing that is going to sound like some POS straight pipe system (or get annoying at highway speeds on long trips.

I was looking at MagnaFlow and Borla options but any recommendations appreciated!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hey all,
This is my first post on here and I'm wondering if anyone has a suggestion for an exhaust system (or just a muffler) to give some good sound to a stock 2021 Wrangler Sahara. Just looking for some good around town extra growl in the sound but nothing that is going to sound like some POS straight pipe system (or get annoying at highway speeds on long trips.

I was looking at MagnaFlow and Borla options but any recommendations appreciated!
Love our Magnaflow, if you have the V6 I highly recommend it! Build quality & fit/finish is superb, nice mellow tone when cruising but lets you know it's alive when you get on the gas :)
No drone at all either.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation for exhaust for new 2021 Sahara? IMG_0571.JPG

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Hey all,

If you can find a 49-state (non-California) cat, put that on too. Not sure if it's a available for the JL, but I freed up 5hp and 2mpg putting one on my TJ years ago. Totally legal in every state except Cali.

Sponsored

bpasquini

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU sport s
Occupation
Land surveying
Love my AFE rock basher. Sounds amazing but it’s pretty damn loud if that’s a concern. Especially when it’s not broken in

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
Magna flow axle back is not too loud.
Sounds great and no drone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LehighValleyEricB
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sahara
Love our Magnaflow, if you have the V6 I highly recommend it! Build quality & fit/finish is superb, nice mellow tone when cruising but lets you know it's alive when you get on the gas :)
No drone at all either.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recommendation for exhaust for new 2021 Sahara? IMG_0571.JPG
Awesome, thanks!

Thx1158

First Name
RWW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 2020 Land Rover Discovery
Occupation
Retired USMC

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
I've got a Hooker Blackheart high clearance on my 2021 with a 3.6. It added a little more aggressive tone but not obnoxious. No drone. Be aware there were some changes to the exhaust on 2021's with the 3.6 and I had to shorten both ends of the middle piece on my 2-door...

Last edited:

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I will never buy another AWE exhaust. Well made for sure but not worth the wait, cost or sound. To tinny at times in the rev range for me. I’m running a Tread edition.
You're the first I heard say that. I have the cat back Tread on my Gladiator, all the other Jeepers in my circle chose it or switched to it and it's universally loved with us. I don't think the axle back sounds great, definitely recommend the entire setup from cat back, and it won't be cheap, but we do love it.
Sponsored