Recommendation for better-than-factory rotors and brake pads?

Wrangler847

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I'm approaching 19000 miles on my sport S with my 35 duratracs. Can anyone recommend a good rotor and brake pad that's better than stock?

Advertisement

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I don't have any input on your breaks question, but how is the Sport S with 35" duratracs? I have 33" duratracs now and was thinking of upgrading in the spring. Did you notice any difference in performance? Did you re-gear?

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I didn't re-gear but I used the rc speedo recalibrater. It feels a little more sluggish compared to the stock tires but not bad enough to not get used to it.

Joe_S

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
I didn't re-gear but I used the rc speedo recalibrater. It feels a little more sluggish compared to the stock tires but not bad enough to not get used to it.
I have a superchips to recalibrate. So going from 33 to 35 probably won't be that noticeable then.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
I'm approaching 19000 miles on my sport S with my 35 duratracs. Can anyone recommend a good rotor and brake pad that's better than stock?
Brakes and tires are the 2 most important things for safety.

There are many pads for different applications within the EBC brand. I used EBC Yellow Stuff brake pads on my TJ. I HIGHLY recommend them. They completely transformed the braking. MUCH better initial bite and MUCH less brake fade. Only disadvantage is more brake dust and maybe slightly higher cost.

I would stay away from most cheap "lifetime" warranty rotors from most chain auto parts stores. The metallurgy usually is inferior. Any premium rotor should be OK. I like Brembo, EBC, Stop Tech, Akebono.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I just wanna get by the remainder of my lease so I don't wanna drop $850 on the whole kit. I just want some good quality pads and rotors that are better than OEM. I get it though.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
I just wanna get by the remainder of my lease so I don't wanna drop $850 on the whole kit. I just want some good quality pads and rotors that are better than OEM. I get it though.
Did not realize it was a lease. Get the EBC Yellow pads I recommended and be done with it. You might not even need new rotors. Or have the rotors cut and EBC pads. EBC also makes a GREEN pad I believe? You can look up the differences and see what is the best fit for you. I am sure there are reviews also.

The stopping power and performance was night and day difference when I used the EBC Yellow on my TJ.

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Did not realize it was a lease. Get the EBC Yellow pads I recommended and be done with it. You might not even need new rotors. Or have the rotors cut and EBC pads. EBC also makes a GREEN pad I believe? You can look up the differences and see what is the best fit for you. I am sure there are reviews also.

The stopping power and performance was night and day difference when I used the EBC Yellow on my TJ.
Thanks !!

ChattVol

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

iki4life

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i Sportline
did you buy your own recalibrater, or can I get this done at the dealer?

Advertisement

Clayton Offroad

Advertisement