Sponsored

Recommend Steering components for a JLUR on 37s.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
While my JLUR drives great and steer great, I know that the days are limited for the stock components. I currently have 23+ for miles. The 37s have been on since 92 miles. The Jeep drives and steers great and I have no problems right now, but I am trying to get some stuff bought so that when the time comes, I can pull it off the shelf and replace it. I am planning to full time Jeep in 2022. Work my way from Arizona to Alaska. Basically wheel all the western states on my way to Alaska.

With all of that said, I plan on replacing the stock track bar, drag link and tie rod with new ball joints. While I am not rich, a few hundred bucks one way or the other is not a big deal. I am just looking for high quality components. I would like them all from the same company. So if you have real world knowledge with say Synergey, Terra Flex, SteerSmart Yeti, or something else, please sound off.

The JLUR is lifted with 37s. and we wheel it all over the country. Our next out of state trip with be from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail, then to Moab and back to Michigan in July.

For this Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommend Steering components for a JLUR on 37s. 1590877952268
Sponsored

72Blazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72BlazerCrawler 72Blazer12V 88SBDuramax 18JLUR
Occupation
SLP
I ended up going with the Steer Smarts tie rod and drag link while adding the Synergy sector shaft brace and adding a relocation bracket for the front track bar...if I would have thought ahead I would have just passed on the relocation bracket and gone to a SS adjustable track bar. At the time I was only considering a RC spacer lift. Live and learn. I’ll run it until it needs to be replaced. I did a lot of research and read guys input here. After seeing a picture comparison of SS to Synergy I made my choice for the SS stuff. The SS stuff is plain beef. It’s awesome. I’m happy with my choice. Tightened up my steering a lot more for street use. I’m headed to Colorado and Moab in late July so I won’t be able to give any real world off road experience until then.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
While my JLUR drives great and steer great, I know that the days are limited for the stock components. I currently have 23+ for miles. The 37s have been on since 92 miles. The Jeep drives and steers great and I have no problems right now, but I am trying to get some stuff bought so that when the time comes, I can pull it off the shelf and replace it. I am planning to full time Jeep in 2022. Work my way from Arizona to Alaska. Basically wheel all the western states on my way to Alaska.

With all of that said, I plan on replacing the stock track bar, drag link and tie rod with new ball joints. While I am not rich, a few hundred bucks one way or the other is not a big deal. I am just looking for high quality components. I would like them all from the same company. So if you have real world knowledge with say Synergey, Terra Flex, SteerSmart Yeti, or something else, please sound off.

The JLUR is lifted with 37s. and we wheel it all over the country. Our next out of state trip with be from Michigan to the Rubicon Trail, then to Moab and back to Michigan in July.

For this Jeep.

1590877952268.png
I’m running both synergy and ss yeti. Got a deal from my local shop I couldn’t pass up. Basically tie rod and drag link both for price of one. The drag link is yeti and tie rod is synergy. Track bar is RK along with all the rest of my suspension parts.

Both synergy and steersmarts are top shelf companies imo, and so far so good.....

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommend Steering components for a JLUR on 37s. 8EC50F02-1B5B-47DF-9E0D-196A25E371CA

Last edited:

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Synergy link ends are cheaper than SteerSmarts. I went synergy Drag link,tie-rod for that reason. i have a SteerSmart adj. trackbar(Synergy was not available yet). I have Synergy frt. LCA and T.B./sector shaft brace.

Sponsored

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have all synergy. Apparently there are some fitment issues with the synergy front track bar. Unsure if they’re planning on fixing or if they’re standing behind the ones already sold. At the moment, looking at replacing at least the track bar. I maybe should have went all steer smarts from the beginning.

scrape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat
Drag link/tie rod: Fusion4x4
Track bar: Currie rockjock
Ball joints: 10048946

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I have all synergy. Apparently there are some fitment issues with the synergy front track bar. Unsure if they’re planning on fixing or if they’re standing behind the ones already sold. At the moment, looking at replacing at least the track bar. I maybe should have went all steer smarts from the beginning.
I think that is a minor issue with the track bar. It’s easily fixable and just getting my caster set mine doesn’t touch anymore.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is a minor issue with the track bar. It’s easily fixable and just getting my caster set mine doesn’t touch anymore.
I did try to adjust control arm length to get to not touch. I had to get caster below 4 degrees to just get daylight between the bar and the mount. Obviously I’m not going to run 3* caster. If I’m doing something wrong, let me know. Maybe I have a weird axle mount compared to others. I still don’t think this should be my problem.

D93BD193-169E-41A8-88D3-CB661E8DE055.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I did try to adjust control arm length to get to not touch. I had to get caster below 4 degrees to just get daylight between the bar and the mount. Obviously I’m not going to run 3* caster. If I’m doing something wrong, let me know. Maybe I have a weird axle mount compared to others. I still don’t think this should be my problem.

Jeep Wrangler JL Recommend Steering components for a JLUR on 37s. D93BD193-169E-41A8-88D3-CB661E8DE055
Are you still running stock upper control arms? If you can get your caser from a combination of shorter than stock upper and longer than stock lowers you won’t pushing the axle so far forward which might be the cause of the rubbing.
However have you loosed the set screw and moved the bar forward just a tad? That seems to be the quick easy fix

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I recently installed the Steer Smarts drag link and tie rod-super happy with these! Steer Smarts offer two different lengths of tie rods for the JL, a longer version to better match the wider Rubicon axles-this was one of the reasons I choose them and glad I did. I also ordered an all-black version of the Steer Smarts track bar and will install this week.

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you still running stock upper control arms? If you can get your caser from a combination of shorter than stock upper and longer than stock lowers you won’t pushing the axle so far forward which might be the cause of the rubbing.
However have you loosed the set screw and moved the bar forward just a tad? That seems to be the quick easy fix
So I tried to loosen the set screw but the bar won’t budge on the sleeve of that bushing. I was prying really hard with a pry bar and it wouldn’t move. that was gonna be my easy fix too. I quit before I damaged something and couldn’t get them to exchange it, if they will.

I get what you’re saying with the upper control arms. Yes, I’m still running the factory uppers. Seems not right to have to require fully adjustable control arms just to add a track bar. It’s not like I’m running aftermarket axles or something.
Sponsored