Advertisement

Reco for Beginner Trails in KY, OH, IN, TN

Frommaa

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
I've had my 2018 Jeep Sahara JL (pretty much stock) for a couple of years and was looking into the possibility of stretching it's legs off pavement. I'm a beginner and want somewhere I can take my family and not have to worry about getting pulled out of a bad situation. Any advise on places in KY, IN, OH, or Northern TN? I've looked into Haspin Acres, Wildcat, and Windrock, but to be honest I'm not sure if there is a good place to go without a group and just the family.

jg45

First Name
John
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
I've had my 2018 Jeep Sahara JL (pretty much stock) for a couple of years and was looking into the possibility of stretching it's legs off pavement. I'm a beginner and want somewhere I can take my family and not have to worry about getting pulled out of a bad situation. Any advise on places in KY, IN, OH, or Northern TN? I've looked into Haspin Acres, Wildcat, and Windrock, but to be honest I'm not sure if there is a good place to go without a group and just the family.
Don't know if you found a spot, but you might want to look at Land Between the Lakes. Turkey Bay is a dedicated offroad park that will have plenty of other wheelers around and will range from mild to wild. I attended a jeep Jamboree there many years ago and they really had something for eberyone. There are also roads all through LBL. The first number of the road denotes it's relative use, 1 = major road to 3 = lightly used with little maintenance. Maps are available online and at the visitors center.

OP

Frommaa

First Name
Aaron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Don't know if you found a spot, but you might want to look at Land Between the Lakes. Turkey Bay is a dedicated offroad park that will have plenty of other wheelers around and will range from mild to wild. I attended a jeep Jamboree there many years ago and they really had something for eberyone. There are also roads all through LBL. The first number of the road denotes it's relative use, 1 = major road to 3 = lightly used with little maintenance. Maps are available online and at the visitors center.
Appreciate the tip! Didn’t end up doing it on my last vacation, but maybe will take one before school starts for the kids. Thanks!

Advertisement

Advertisement