Sponsored

Recent recall and new tires, now throwing code. Looking for pro insight please!

MikeyGJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara, '05 KJ and '92 Z32 TT
Vehicle Showcase
'18 JLU Sahara, 3.6, 8 spd, 65xxx kms. She keeps throwing code P0576. Short or issue between the ECM and cc. Cruise continues to come on and work, no issues that I can tell and I keep putting 100s km on her. Fuses all seem to be seated ok. I keep resetting the code but within a few hundred kms, CEL is back on. One instance it did come on under harder braking, that makes me think somethings lose but again everything appears to function. I've recently had the U87 recall done and 6 months before that had the U62 done for the cc. I'm throwing this out there before I go and deal with a service dept I'd rather avoid, anyone experience that code? Fix? Something similar? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MikeyGJL

MikeyGJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll also add, when I had the PCM replaced under the recall (60k kms or so), I also added my 285/70 18 GY wrangler duratracs. I had shifting issues right after install. Dealer was on the phone with fca on not knowing to reprogram TCM with the install of the new PCM. I asked if this would fix my shifting issues, tech shrugged lol. I also asked if they reprogrammed for the new tire size. Tech looked like a lightbulb went off, on phone with fca again then to tell me they advised fca in my new tire size. Fine. But again I asked if this would OTA update or they go in and update the increased tire size on the rig, tech says they can't!? So I'm not sure if the tires, PCM or what, if they all are correlated to the code?

I know I should just get a tazer and update myself but is this better than the superchips flashpaq? I thought at first the superchips bc I could read and clear codes. I have a reader now soooo what's better?

Thanks once again.

OP
OP
MikeyGJL

MikeyGJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing?

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Have you had your dealer diag the P0576? May be a bad switch.... just a guess I believe that's a circuit low code.

Dealers cant just change tire size unless you purchase the sales code.... not really worth it, your tire size didn't change that much.

OP
OP
MikeyGJL

MikeyGJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you had your dealer diag the P0576? May be a bad switch.... just a guess I believe that's a circuit low code.

Dealers cant just change tire size unless you purchase the sales code.... not really worth it, your tire size didn't change that much.
I have to finally go into the dealer about the code, it's a gremlin but has been operating fine minus the CEL throwing every so many kms.

The tire size issue.... I'm not hitting 8th very often anymore unless I switch to dummy manual. So I wonder if changing the size will help that some. I just got s code reader, so atm aside from changing the tire size I don't want to invest in a trazer yet, to do the amendment myself.

Sponsored

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
Were you ever able to fix this. It has come up on my Jeep recently.

VerservJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sportaharacon
I had that feeling
Sponsored