Recent 4" Lift with fox upgrades on JL - rough and bouncy

JoeBelt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it so take it with a grain of salt.

1. Determine the exact part numbers of the materials used to "build" your jeep. You could do this yourself but this is one of those times where it's worth the $100 to have a reputable vendor or mechanic simply document what is currently installed and putting it on their company letterhead. Why? It's a 3rd party inspection.

2. Contact the manufacturer of those components (e.g. Fox) via email and ask them if each part number is compatible with your year, make, and model of vehicle. Provide your VIN in the email so they can do their due diligence. They will either confirm those are the appropriate components or provide you with the necessary evidence that incorrect components were installed.

3. Assuming the vendors have confirmed the components installed are inappropriate for your vehicle, you can present the "jeep builder" with what you've gathered and request a refund since the product and services delivered were unsatisfactory per the component manufacturers. If they give you any grief and you paid with a credit card (I hope), contact your card company and dispute the transaction based on the evidence obtained. Provide the card company with what you have and they should reverse the transaction. It's actually not a bad idea to put the card company on notice - first - while you work through this in the event the vendor doesn't want to cooperate.

I hate being hustled although I do consider righting the wrong to be a hobby. They usually don't see that coming. ;)
Sponsored

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
I feel so bad whenever i see stuff like this. The aftermarket loves you guys cause you’ll spend whatever to get the look you want. But in reality you guys just haven got enough builds under your belt to know what works and whats practical.

The source of your problem is likely your 38” tires on 20” rims. Youve increased your unsprung mass and with no sidewall flex to the point where when you hit bumps its going to hop the jeep. They must have charged you an unGodly amount too all in.

Onebad18Moab

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Moab
Those shocks are made for a JK, and they're notoriously stiff riding shocks .couple that with those boat anchor tires, and "probable" high pressures, and possibly JK springs designed for a heavier vehicle, and there's your problem .hope you get it worked out. You should research and order your own parts next time, and if needed have a reputable shop do the install.
Also normally 13.5"w would be the widest tire installed on a daily driven Wrangler, And that's pushing it.
Sponsored