Sponsored

Received Uconnect update message. Anyone know details?

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The up-dates are rolled out based on the firmware of your Jeep, and some unknown, pseudo-randomness. Jeep learned big time with the (then new) OTA features of the Cherokee's 8.4. Namely, they overloaded the network, only supplied updates for USA Jeeps, etc. So now the updates are pushed out with what seems to be a 2-3 week window. You also need cellular service, so if in an underground garage, or with poor cellular service, you won't get prompted until you have service. Note: you don't need to be subscribed to any of the Uconnect cellular features.
Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
My 8.4 radio prompted me today to do another OTA update. I clicked on update now and about 35 min. later update finished.

I still have ORP.. have noticed nothing new so far. Anyway update completed aok... was driving while it updated.
I had to force a full reboot with my Tazer after this update. While it updated with no error, immediately afterward Sirius channels would not switch and had no volume. AM/FM were working. I decided to try driving for a few mins to see if it corrected itself, and I kept getting random “ding!” alerts on my EVIC that said something like “Shift to 1st not possible.” Note that I have a manual.

I pulled over and did a forced reboot via my Tazer, and now it’s all working as before.

I hope this update resolves some of the stability bugs (backup lines disappearing and random freezes/reboots). 🤞

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

No details, the after install message says "stability updates", and says to press the assist button for more details. Pressing that eventually gets me a message to subscribe to the Guardian services.

Last edited:

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I just received my OTA update today, did not notice any change. anyone know what is changing if anything?

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Do I need to unmarry the Tazer to do a proper Uconnect update?

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
No! Doesn't effect it at all.
OK. I pulled F97.

Good News: WiFi hotspot now works perfectly. (before devices could connect, but no internet access - multiple calls to Uconnect and AT&T were a waste of time).

Bad News: My Backup Camera stopped working, My Auto Temp display is stuck on "LO", Offroad Pages do not sow up on the display and launching via button, fails to load properly.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Last edited:

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OK. I pulled F97.

Good News: WiFi hotspot now works perfectly. (before devices could connect, but no internet access - multiple calls to Uconnect and AT&T were a waste of time).

Bad News: My Backup Camera stopped working, My Auto Temp display is stuck on "LO", Offroad Pages do not sow up on the display and launching via button, fails to load properly.

Any ideas/suggestions?

OK. Here is how I solved it. (passing it along, double posted, in case it helps others)

I had tried, multiple shutdown, lock, unlock, restart. Drive around, etc. Features didn't return.

Did a Tazer Full Reboot. Everything came back after the reboot.

All works perfectly all my settings preserved.

AND

I'm typing this from my computer in the Jeep connected via the Jeep hotspot (which was my original reason for pulling F97)
Sponsored