Recall V88 2018-2020 Rear Quarter Windiws

MarkK10

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S, 1999 F250 Diesel, 2007 Mustang GT, 2015 Escape
Also received my V88 paperwork this week. Included is an "addendum" card for the owners manual and an updated tip card. The original tip card was wrapped around the sun visor when the Wrangler was delivered. I have included a picture of the original top card and recall card with the additions marked up on the latter.

JeepSoftTopOriginal.jpeg

JeepSoftTopRecall.jpeg
Sponsored

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Hey guys/gals... do any of you have any issues with the top in sunrider position on highway @ 70ish mph? I only ask because I just purchased the twill top and have not put it on yet (rain here). I had read some were having issues with side panels coming undone and flying out of their Jeeps! specifically the driver side! Can't wait to install it and seeing the different ways it can be used (Safari, Sunrider and full down, was just wondering which position everyone has used without issue! this is my 6th Wrangler ..but 1st JL and as we all know the top is improved...tried to find more on youtube etc.. but not alot out there.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Hey guys/gals... do any of you have any issues with the top in sunrider position on highway @ 70ish mph? I only ask because I just purchased the twill top and have not put it on yet (rain here). I had read some were having issues with side panels coming undone and flying out of their Jeeps! specifically the driver side! Can't wait to install it and seeing the different ways it can be used (Safari, Sunrider and full down, was just wondering which position everyone has used without issue! this is my 6th Wrangler ..but 1st JL and as we all know the top is improved...tried to find more on youtube etc.. but not alot out there.
If I do a lot of highway driving with the top in the sunrider my passenger window will occasionally start to come out of the top channel. I've had it come completely out of the top channel twice but the two sides and bottom were still firmly in place and the window was fine. I have found that removing the rear window alleviates the problem and is my preferred way of driving with the sunrider opened.

Driving around the city at lower speeds (below 50mph) doesn't seem to disturb the window.

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Just measured my tabs (green). They are 23 mm long and 2 mm thick.
FWIW I just measured my Jan ā€˜19 black tabs on my premium soft top and they are the same dimensions as above (23mm and 2mm thick).
Iā€™ve never driven at highway speeds with the Sunrider open and back windows in due to FOBO (fear of blowing out) those quarter windows.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
My previous wranglers had the zippers and I always drove the highway with Sunrider down and all windows in, so I guess the fact that they just slide in now and have tabs has made them more vulnerable to increased turbulence in the cabin.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Itā€™s never been an issue on my 2dr. My windows donā€™t budge. I do wonder if the 2dr is less susceptible to blow out because the top is smaller... :fingerscrossed:

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
V88 perspective from a HardTop only owner - I know FCA included people like me into this recall to cover there ass. I got my manual inserts in the mail and placed them in my manual. But it specifically states I have to take it to the dealer for them to preform the recall. I have a hard top so I just did that myself with no FCA paycheck. I called the dealer for some incite on this recall toward me. (LOL dealer is going to know)

First person I talked to in service knew nothing, I had to explain it all to her. She said I needed to bring it in, I asked what like a drive by recall? She did not get my humor, so I was transferred to the service manager. He was not aware of the V88 recall once he looked it up he is like this is new. I say to myself newest one but not that new since they announced and sent out the inserts. He had to call his warranty guy, the two of them discussed it and he said he would just have it flagged in there system as completed.

Of course he mentions I am due for my Oil change, I not wanting to go hang out in service for an hour with all this COVID stuff. I asked him how busy have they been, he scheduled me for yesterday. So I went in for the Oil Change, Tire rotation and they just added the recall to that ticket as complete. Though the app still shows a recall in the app. I will give it a few days before I call them back.

I am not sure if your app shows the same as mine but the date is way out of wack and "Parts Available" No parts for me. I think FCA did this all very confusing which does not surprise me really.

Screenshot_1.jpg

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
V88 perspective from a HardTop only owner - I know FCA included people like me into this recall to cover there ass. I got my manual inserts in the mail and placed them in my manual. But it specifically states I have to take it to the dealer for them to preform the recall. I have a hard top so I just did that myself with no FCA paycheck. I called the dealer for some incite on this recall toward me. (LOL dealer is going to know)

First person I talked to in service knew nothing, I had to explain it all to her. She said I needed to bring it in, I asked what like a drive by recall? She did not get my humor, so I was transferred to the service manager. He was not aware of the V88 recall once he looked it up he is like this is new. I say to myself newest one but not that new since they announced and sent out the inserts. He had to call his warranty guy, the two of them discussed it and he said he would just have it flagged in there system as completed.

Of course he mentions I am due for my Oil change, I not wanting to go hang out in service for an hour with all this COVID stuff. I asked him how busy have they been, he scheduled me for yesterday. So I went in for the Oil Change, Tire rotation and they just added the recall to that ticket as complete. Though the app still shows a recall in the app. I will give it a few days before I call them back.

I am not sure if your app shows the same as mine but the date is way out of wack and "Parts Available" No parts for me. I think FCA did this all very confusing which does not surprise me really.

Screenshot_1.jpg
Maybe their system isn't setup to handle this type of non-parts recall so they do what it allows even though it doesn't make sense. And they send it to hardtop owners because, some like me, buy the softtop after delivery.

McG

First Name
McKenzie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler MOAB, 2018 Toyota Tundra XP CrewMax

Screenshot_1.jpg
I got the recall notice a few weeks ago - I have a hardtop too. So naturally I call the dealership and he said he hadn't heard of this particular recall, but put me on hold to see if they "have the parts" so we could schedule an appointment. He comes back a few minutes later and says the parts for this recall won't be available until mid-July. I say ok, and hang up. Then I hop on the forum to see what others are saying, and I learn that it's just a paper addendum to the owner's manual (which I got in the mail last week). I couldn't help but laugh. The service manager was clearly blowing smoke about the "parts" which is pretty much par for the course at my local dealership. I'm not going to the dealership just so they can clear this recall off my vehicle profile. I just hope they don't make an issue of it later.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Paperwork arrived today in the mail.

I have a '19 that was built in Dec '18. Have the dual top group. The tabs on ours are black and never have had an issue with any of the tabs (side or rear windows) coming out. That includes having the softtop in the Sunrider position on the highway.

Sponsored

JO DYRT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.clickonpc.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase

Screenshot_1.jpg

Checked my app this morning and my recall is complete.

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Checked my app this morning and my recall is complete.
Did you do anything or contact anyone? I got my stuff in the mail already, but still saying incomplete.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
Is this problem only occurring with Premium Twill soft tops, or is it on Premium Twill and Black Diamond?

Also, is this occurring mostly with 4-door models or both 4- and 2-door?

Purple Turtle

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Purple TJ, 2021 HellaYella JLUR
I'D SAY YOU WERE RIGHT ON TARGET, AND GREEN IS IDIOT PROOF AS WELL
Mine has green and it still flew out. Its not those tabs that are the problem and yes this is my 3rd jeep and I put them in correctly. I do the same for both sides so why is it 99% of the time the drivers side and not both if it is user error?
Sponsored