Sponsored

Recall V88 2018-2020 Rear Quarter Windiws

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
As posted above it’s more an addendum to the original instructions should you ever get a soft top in the future. It’s like instructions for an option you can add after the fact.

Personally I don’t see how the installation can be messed up, so I’m curious to see the updated instructions.

Would you mind posting photos of the instructions? The PDF in the app just says that they will send them, it’s not the instructions themselves.
Wish I could but I am challenged on operating a computer even on a good day. It's 7 pages titled Addendum update on Raising the soft top in the "Getting to know your vehicle section of the manual.
sorry I couldn't help more.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Wish I could but I am challenged on operating a computer even on a good day. It's 7 pages titled Addendum update on Raising the soft top in the "Getting to know your vehicle section of the manual.
sorry I couldn't help more.
No problem, thanks.

Jitzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Occupation
Retired Police, Now Certified Custom Club Fitter
So I thought it was just me but my passenger side rear is kind of a pain to get back in right. It’s no so much a matter of instructions but something is definitely up with it. Sometimes it goes in perfectly and other times it goes in a little wonky

JeepzJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
So I thought it was just me but my passenger side rear is kind of a pain to get back in right. It’s no so much a matter of instructions but something is definitely up with it. Sometimes it goes in perfectly and other times it goes in a little wonky
That was the side I was able to get a little “wonky” easily when I was testing how it would warrant a “recall”

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
One thing I have noticed, when installing the side windows... You MUST be careful that the green plastic retaining edge, must be installed before pushing the corner piece into place.... Otherwise it will get pinched and not hold the corner in correctly...(could be the reason for the recall)
Just my 2 cents

Sponsored

jayteal

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon; 2018 JLUR; 2004 TJ
What it sounds like is basically the “instructions” on how to install the window. I played with my soft top the other day and the rear quarters can look installed but aren’t seated in the top bracket properly, yet they’ll still fit in the lower clip.

basically FCA issuing an ID 10 T addendum.
Also that lower clip, unless I hear the window "click" into the clip, I don't consider the window installed properly. Sometimes it takes a little wiggling and a light pop of the hand against the vertical bar to snap it in. I can see why some folks have probably had windows become kites at highway speeds. Not a bad idea for FCA to send out this reminder.

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone provide a picture of the "green plastic retaining edge"? I have not seen a green edge, 4 dr maybe?

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
If we aren't getting new windows, shouldn't this be an Owners Manual recall?

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL

Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Bryce..........thanks man! My 2019 2dr just has black ones. Mine stay in with no problems. Thanks again!

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I want the green ones! I’m always walking around the back and clicking them in!
Some have reported success getting a new back window (with green flaps) under warranty. Personally, I don’t care because those flaps being undone doesn’t hurt anything. I just push them in any time I’m back there.

krucam

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra, 2019 JLR ordered 12/22/2018
Occupation
FAA
I’m reading “Rear Quarter Windows” as the 2 side windows, not the back window.
Sponsored