Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just saw this in the Jeep App on my phone.
March 31, 2020
Recall V88
Rear Quarter Windows

Does anyone know what this one us? I cant find any details. I have the Premium Softtop

20200331_093108.jpg
Sponsored

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Out of curiosity, what exactly are people doing to put them in improperly? Seems like a fairly self-explanatory operation.
You'd be surprised how many dog-eared JKU rear windows I've seen... lots of rookies.

OP
OP
Bryce

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So, is this just JLs with soft tops? I have ONLY a hard top and I still got the V88 campaign notice in my app. FCA, get your crap together.
It looks like it's just an addendum to the owners manual, so they all probably get it.

#4Jeep 1st Wrangler

First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just covering their " backside".... There were several threads about rear windows blowing out on highways..... Could have been due to improperly installed side windows ?
They are probably getting tired of replacing windows under warranty, and this will get them out of that situation. I personally have had a couple issues in higher winds, when I really thought I was going to lose a window. But they
held in place, wife was terrified due to the noise they made...

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So, is this just JLs with soft tops? I have ONLY a hard top and I still got the V88 campaign notice in my app. FCA, get your crap together.
A lot of people that ONLY have hard tops bought factory soft tops later, especially when the dual top wasn't an option. It's a Stretch, but think beyond your immediate Self.

x3L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 MOJITO! JLUR 2.0
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have pics on exactly what they're claiming to as the problem and solution(s)?

Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I factory ordered a hard top only, but bought the twill factory top off of craigslist. I’m glad they are sending it to me!

JeepzJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Anyone have pics on exactly what they're claiming to as the problem and solution(s)?
What it sounds like is basically the “instructions” on how to install the window. I played with my soft top the other day and the rear quarters can look installed but aren’t seated in the top bracket properly, yet they’ll still fit in the lower clip.

basically FCA issuing an ID 10 T addendum.

Lar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Just had my hard top JLU in for another warranty service and they "fixed" that recall. They attached about 4 pages of quarter window instructions for the soft top ( which i don't have) to the repair order and show it as fixed?? So am I to understand my dealer repaired a recall for soft top JL's with my hard top? Either the fix was to provide me with instructions for the rear quarter window for a soft top or my dealer is getting reimbursed for fixing a recalled part that i don't have....

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Just had my hard top JLU in for another warranty service and they "fixed" that recall. They attached about 4 pages of quarter window instructions for the soft top ( which i don't have) to the repair order and show it as fixed?? So am I to understand my dealer repaired a recall for soft top JL's with my hard top? Either the fix was to provide me with instructions for the rear quarter window for a soft top or my dealer is getting reimbursed for fixing a recalled part that i don't have....
As posted above it’s more an addendum to the original instructions should you ever get a soft top in the future. It’s like instructions for an option you can add after the fact.

Personally I don’t see how the installation can be messed up, so I’m curious to see the updated instructions.

Would you mind posting photos of the instructions? The PDF in the app just says that they will send them, it’s not the instructions themselves.

Last edited:

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I went in to the Mopar app to see the recall notice and saw that they now have instructional videos. I was curious to see the official video on the soft top quarter windows and guess what...it’s for a JK lol
Sponsored