Sponsored

Recall U62 - Cruise Control / PCM Issue For 2018 Jeep Wrangler

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine done on Monday. Also had them flash the radio update.. Took longer than I expected as I was at the dealership for 3 hours... Maybe the radio update took a while?
Sponsored

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2022 JT RUBICON
Had mine done on Monday. Also had them flash the radio update.. Took longer than I expected as I was at the dealership for 3 hours... Maybe the radio update took a while?
Listening to others, the radio update seems to be a solid hour to do. Still though, 3 hours seems excessive and just tells me the dealership just queues up the work and gets to it when they get to it.

Capricorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Willys XR V6
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
My VIN was affected too with the U62 recall. I was there at 8am this morning for my appointment, and was all done by 8:40 am.

RobNY

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ
Here is the full official recall U62 notice:

Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 1.10.36 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 1.12.25 PM.jpg

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Had this recall done today and my paperwork shows U62, not U63. It says "reprogrammed powertrain control module".

They also did the Uconnect update at the same time to fix the random reboot issue.
Random reboot issue? There is a fix for this? I’m having that problem about 4 or 5 times a week.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S/jl
I rcd an important safety recall on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL a couple days ago re power train control module software that relates to torque and cruise control issues. Be on the lookout for a letter from usps for certain models only. Your dealer will take care of problem free of charge.

Jeep Number 8

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hard Top and 2018 BMW 430i Hard top convertible.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I rcd an important safety recall on my 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL a couple days ago re power train control module software that relates to torque and cruise control issues. Be on the lookout for a letter from usps for certain models only. Your dealer will take care of problem free of charge.
Yes, I got the same recall notice and am getting the problem fixed at the dealer July 24th. The dealer said this was a major recall and not to use the cruise until the reprograming is done.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Just an FYI. If it’s the cruise control recall it was almost all FCA vehicles. My 2015 Durango had to get the same recall done.

For once it’s not a wrangler specific recall. Lol

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just an FYI. If it’s the cruise control recall it was almost all FCA vehicles. My 2015 Durango had to get the same recall done.

For once it’s not a wrangler specific recall. Lol
Yep my wife’s Grand Cherokee as well

Sponsored

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
I am taking my JL in to the dealership on Saturday to fix the cruise control. Has anyone done their yet? What does it need, just a simply flash-and-go update? How long was yours in the shop for?

(This is from my Jeep Wave)

recall.JPG

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I am taking my JL in to the dealership on Saturday to fix the cruise control. Has anyone done their yet? What does it need, just a simply flash-and-go update? How long was yours in the shop for?

recall.JPG
Took them 15mins on mine

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

recall.JPG
Its a simple flash, but I was also in there for the steering recall, so mine was in for an hour before I got mine back.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
It took about an hour, but they definitely were not working on my Jeep for that hour. Like others said, it was probably 15 minutes.
Sponsored