Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Huh I just “registered” my Jeep (plugged in the VIN) with the Mopar online dashboard and it says there’s not a recall for mine.

D129E65E-93E6-4E05-9E24-8A064417C40B.jpeg
Ditto.

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
The NHTSA site says the recall is expected to begin July 6, 2018. I suspect that no one will be notified by FCA until then. In the meantime millions of drivers are out there using their cruise control oblivious to the potential danger.

Sponsored

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
The NHTSA site says the recall is expected to begin July 6, 2018. I suspect that no one will be notified by FCA until then. In the meantime millions of drivers are out there using their cruise control oblivious to the potential danger.
4.8 million vehicles since late 2013 and no incidents. Anyone thinking about this "danger" would be wasting their time. They should think about the traffic. It's billions of times more likely to be of danger to them.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
4.8 million vehicles since late 2013 and no incidents. Anyone thinking about this "danger" would be wasting their time. They should think about the traffic. It's billions of times more likely to be of danger to them.
I’m with you. Whoever causes an accident because of the cruise control doesn’t deserve a drivers license. Those people are the menace.

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
It's not an official recall yet! FCA has stated they will HAVE a recall for these vehicles. You can call the dealers you want, they can check your vin and it won't show a recall until FCA actually releases the recall unfo.

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If you go to Jeep.com, search for local (or non-local) inventory for 2018 JK, and grab a VIN number. I did this with a JK VIN from an in-stock dealer and it said zero recalls. Since people in this forum have looked up their JL VIN numbers, perhaps Wrangler VINs aren't in the recall databases yet?

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
The vins are not released yet.

Sponsored

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Despite FCA's advice in the recall announcement to stop using cruise control? This recall was widely publicized well before it made its way to this forum.

"In the meantime, the company is advising drivers of the involved vehicles to avoid using cruise control. "

SkilledOne4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1966 Ford Mustang GT
Great example of what I was trying to explain about the future 2018 JL ,JK confusion. Another reason why waiting for my 2019 is if you buy a 2018 jeep wrangler for the rest of the time that you own it every time you buy a part or accessories every time you go to an auto parts store every time you talk to a friend and say I have a 2018 wrangler they’ll say which one? And I promise at some point you will get the wrong parts because the person selling the parts will just assume. I hate when manufacturers do this.
It's not too big of a deal actually. I have a 2004 Ford F-150, the first model year of the 11th generation body style, when they were still making the older 10th generation from 1997 to 2004. Ford called the older 2004 the Heritage model so that's how it shows up in most parts catalogs. I've found that just saying I have a 2005 works all the time to avoid the confusion about the dual model 2004. Hopefully, when the 2019 JLs rollout, you can do the same as the parts will be the same and avoid the confusion.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
All other vehicles listed have a year range (2014-18), Wrangler is only 2018. I assume that means the JL. What is it they say about people who assume?
You make an ass out of u

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
People who are constantly varying their speed on the highway are a menace to society.
People that don't vary their speed are probably far more dangerous. I mean there's other people around you to consider. Plus traffic could stop in front of you are you just going to maintain your speed?

Varying speed to match conditions, traffic, each and every situation you encounter means your head is probably more in the game. I'm not saying drive like a maniac....but...just sayin

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
Any chance this had anything to do with the fuse issue? (not being fully seated)
Sponsored