Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue, 2017 Fiat 124 Spider Lusso
Occupation
Used Car Manager/Buyer
Vehicle Showcase
Saw this on DealerConnect this morning. It could be the reason why so many JL's are stuck in Ohio storage yards.

FCA US LLC (FCA US) has announced a safety recall on certain 2018 model year (LX) Chrysler 300, (LD) Dodge Charger, (LA) Dodge Challenger, (WK) Jeep® Grand Cherokee, (WD) Dodge Durango, (JL) Jeep® Wrangler, (DS) RAM 1500 Pickup vehicles equipped with an 8-Speed Automatic Transmission

REASON FOR THIS SAFETY RECALL Some of the above vehicles may have been built with an incorrect park rod. An incorrect park rod in the transmission may not allow the vehicle to reach the mechanical “PARK” position although the gear select indicator may display the “PARK” position. A loss of “PARK” may lead to vehicle rollaway, and may result in a vehicle crash or injury without prior warning.

SERVICE ACTION FCA US will conduct a voluntary safety recall to replace the transmission park rod. Dealers will be notified of the launch of this safety recall by way of established communication methods. This recall is estimated to launch in 2nd Quarter of 2018.
Sponsored

Attachments

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Just heard about this as well. I wish I knew if mine was a part of it or not. If anyone has any updates please post here so it can be kept in one place till a resolution is found.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Interested to see how many JLs are affected.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I can understand if the part is faulty, but how do you put the "wrong" part in your transmission?

Sponsored

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Doesn't say how many vehicles are actually affected.

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
Doesn't say how many vehicles are actually affected.
We have heard about track bar welds, loose steering, wind noise, and leaky rear window sprayers... nothing about the parking lock. Maybe the Wrangler line is unaffected.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Thanks for sharing. Do we have a good resource to determine which recall(s) impact your specific vehicle, by VIN? I tried a generic checker online and got no records found - not sure if I should trust that random generic checker I found or if there is a better one to be using.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for sharing. Do we have a good resource to determine which recall(s) impact your specific vehicle, by VIN? I tried a generic checker online and got no records found - not sure if I should trust that random generic checker I found or if there is a better one to be using.
If you signed up for My Mopar it will alert you and show information on recalls tied to your VIN.

Sponsored

Rusty Teeth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Electronics Tech/ Fabricator/ 5G Fiber Optic Cellular Tech
I know you call turn off the engine with it still in drive. Unlike a physical key.
Will check if it lets you in neutral....