Sponsored

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
I’m thankful there isn’t a software fix. Dealerships have been known to brick 4xe batteries while attempting to apply updates…unfortunately.
Interesting. I didn't know that was happening. I had a s/w patch done for the odometer issue.
Sponsored

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Interesting. I didn't know that was happening. I had a s/w patch done for the odometer issue.
I don’t want to give off the impression it’s the norm, it’s not. That said, myself and another forum member experienced this exact issue after our respective dealer service centers botched an update and bricked the battery. The plus is Jeep replaced our batteries, but took both of our 4xes offline for weeks.

I’m grateful this fix appears to be hardware specific.

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
I don’t want to give off the impression it’s the norm, it’s not. That said, myself and another forum member experienced this exact issue after our respective dealer service centers botched an update and bricked the battery. The plus is Jeep replaced our batteries, but took both of our 4xes offline for weeks.

I’m grateful this fix appears to be hardware specific.
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Where did Jeep say that this recall will be a hardware fix? I definitely prefer that as well.

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Thanks for sharing your experience.

Where did Jeep say that this recall will be a hardware fix? I definitely prefer that as well.
Misread by me, it says the fix is to update the vehicle control software in the recall notice. 😑

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Reliability, and Stellantis and dealer support. My Jeep spent 2 months at the dealer hard down (un-drivable). It did not operate on hybrid mode for the two months prior to that with a check engine light and thrown codes. That was the last straw. I had driven it for two months with no cabin heat that started less than a month after purchasing it.
Didn’t you tune yours with a 2.0T tune?

Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Not sure what you are talking about. Mine was stock except for 35s and a stubby bumper.
Could have sworn I remembered your username from the 4xe forums saying you tuned it with jb4 but you had issues so you took it off. Or something like that.

must be a similar name or something.

disregard

ewizzle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, 2022 X5 45e
Interesting... you would think all Jeep dealerships are the somewhat the same from a service standpoint. The Rairdon of Kirkland still doesn't have the sw fix, however AutoNation of Bellevue has the sw fix. So I'm scheduled for 12/29 to get it fix. Fingers crossed :fingerscrossed:

Last edited:

Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Just got my letter. So is this strictly a software update or there are parts involved?