Sponsored

xmoger

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
Boeing found out the hard way not to outsource coding to people making $9/hr.

Jeep too?

Very disconcerting to not have a software fix to go with the recall.
Sponsored

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
My '22 Sahara 4xe (built in Q1 22) has the trifecta: recall Z71, recall ZB7, and campaign ZD8.

Called my dealer (in NYC) and they said they only have parts available for the campaign, not the recalls, which I suppose makes sense as that campaign is more widespread for 4cyl trucks not just 4xes. The campaign is related to replacing some bolts on the water pump to prevent coolant leakage.

Had to make an appointment for after xmas, hoping that by the time I get in there they'll have parts for at least one of the recalls. Z71 shows up as "parts available" on the mopar.com dashboard ... This could be really easy, with just an inspection (Z71) and software update (ZB7), or it could be really messy if they have to do physical part replacements.

Recalls can be scary, but the NHTSA is a particularly conservative group and they're doing things out of an abundance of caution. The ZB7 note references 112 incidents over 2 years ... Jeep's selling something like 50,000 4xes per year.

sconrad24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Willys JKU, 2021 4XE
Has anyone tried to check the bolts for ZD8? There's some threads about the non 4xe ZD8 recalls and members checking and tightening them until they can get into the dealership. I am no mechanic but thought I'd atleast look at mine but the engine looks different than the diagram on the non 4xe 2.0.

Sponsored

hybrid_eg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'90 S13, 22 MS Plaid, '23 JLUR 4xe
i encountered this issue few weeks ago.. just randomly died.. had to put it in park, turn on-off and back to drive.. no notice yet.

OP
OP

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
If it is of any comfort, we have a 2l turbo to get us going (of course with a luck of not having loss of motive power lol), what would a F150 lightning owner do in winter.

JL4xEHA

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE
If it is of any comfort, we have a 2l turbo to get us going (of course with a luck of not having loss of motive power lol), what would a F150 lightning owner do in winter.

this guy is an idiot. They bought it with the intension to flip it from the beginning. This is like someone saying that the 4XE sucks because of FORM.

I have the Lightning, and it is the best car I ever owned…after the Wrangler.

OP
OP

whenasked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4XE
this guy is an idiot. They bought it with the intension to flip it from the beginning. This is like someone saying that the 4XE sucks because of FORM.

I have the Lightning, and it is the best car I ever owned…after the Wrangler.
He does say that it's the dumbest automotive channel. But pure electric in extreme cold is not ready for prime time IMO.

BXFXJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara
He does say that it's the dumbest automotive channel. But pure electric in extreme cold is not ready for prime time IMO.

Electric workhorse like the F150 seems to have an issue based on this video, for people not driving 200+ miles a day, pure electric passenger cars in extreme cold is a non issue, especially if they can charge at home. It's all about using the right tool for the right job.

Looks like they just took a regular F150 and hurriedly stuck a battery in it to get some of that free government money.

The Mach-e, like Teslas etc are chugging along just fine in the cold it would appear, there is a range hit in the cold for sure, but if you are not a high mileage driver, it's a non issue.

But again it's all about the right tool for the right job.

Sponsored

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
The Mach-e, like Teslas etc are chugging along just fine in the cold it would appear, there is a range hit in the cold for sure, but if you are not a high mileage driver, it's a non issue.
Chevy Bolts too. That's the affordable EV.

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Love how many people and service centers kept saying this was a fake issue.

Yeah, no.

ewizzle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe, 2022 X5 45e
So what's the consensus here for the ZB7 recall?

Are most people avoiding driving your 4xe until the software fix that is slated for Jan 2023?

I swung by a Jeep dealership on Friday, and they are not taking any into service because they don't even know what the fix is at this point.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
So what's the consensus here for the ZB7 recall?

Are most people avoiding driving your 4xe until the software fix that is slated for Jan 2023?

I swung by a Jeep dealership on Friday, and they are not taking any into service because they don't even know what the fix is at this point.
If you're in a one-car household like us, that isn't even close to an option. Our dealership is aware of the recall but doesn't have the foggiest idea of what the fix is or when it'll be available. It could be into February by the time this is fixed. We can't just not drive our only car for the next 2 months.

Getting the water pump campaign (ZD8) fixed and the other 4xe recall (Z71) fixed soon. At least I'm 2/3 up to date on fixes 🙃

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Boeing found out the hard way not to outsource coding to people making $9/hr.

Jeep too?

Very disconcerting to not have a software fix to go with the recall.

I’m thankful there isn’t a software fix. Dealerships have been known to brick 4xe batteries while attempting to apply updates…unfortunately.
Sponsored