First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Am I the only one who read this to mean that they STOPPED all manual production on January 22, 2021 ??

And no, I will not ask for this recall. But, if we have learned anything from DieselGate, it's that eventually we will have no choice.
I read it like that too, not quite sure how they meant it. My 6 speed jlur was built today according to my salesman. I wonder if they paused production to remedy this at the factory
Sponsored

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
this makes sense, as mine was suppose to ship on 01/23/2021, got pushed back to 01/26/2021, and now is showing 02/11/2021 estimated ship date. It has been built and stuck in the "additional inspection/waiting for room to ship" phase for two weeks. Guess it is better that they resolve it now than later

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
I read it like that too, not quite sure how they meant it. My 6 speed jlur was built today according to my salesman. I wonder if they paused production to remedy this at the factory
I will be interested to see what the new ones look like before getting mine fixed or neutered depending how you view things.

Plz keep us posted. u too @JimmyZ

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
Anyone else notice that this is the exact same recall as before on 18-20s and yet this time they are claiming to know about way less warranty claims and even denying the injury claim that was stated on the previous recall?

Here's the previous list with the "known" field reports, claims, and accidents.
Jeep Wrangler JL Recall Notice 21V-028 [1/28/21]: Manual Transmission / Clutch Overheat Covers All 2018-2021 Jeep Wranglers Produced by January 22, 2021 huh3

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Keyword " voluntary"... If you know how to drive a manual transmission, you should not have any issues.

Sponsored

roamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subie outback toad, pusher motorhome
Is towing or towing capacity involved in any of this?

sstuner

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Has anyone else thought about what is causing the failure on certain manuals? Are people actually resting their foot on the clutch pedal because there isn't a dead pedal? I feel like this could be a reason.

I for one am not getting this recall done. I have seen what it did to the Eco Diesels and the 3.6 doesn"t have extra torque to give up :facepalm: . There is no sensor in the clutch housing so i don't understand how it can even sense temps of the clutch plate.

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Am I the only one who read this to mean that they STOPPED all manual production on January 22, 2021 ??

And no, I will not ask for this recall. But, if we have learned anything from DieselGate, it's that eventually we will have no choice.
I don't think they stopped. I had no issues ordering, it was placed on 1/19/21.

@JeepCares I think there is a lot of confusion on what is happening - any word on this?

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
Is this truly a defect or an "operator error"? If the clutch disc is defective I assume FCA would be replacing the clutch. Many years ago, I had a 280ZX that I would street race (145hp!!!) and the way I would get it out of the hole is ride the clutch to get the best launch until I burned out the clutch and it started slipping. I attribute this to operator abuse and had nothing to do with a defective part. If you ride the brakes down a mountain you will overload the brakes and they will fail. If you are rock crawling and continuously ride the clutch till it overheats/fails then this is operator error. There is no complete failsafe from stupid!

Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
Is this truly a defect or an "operator error"? If the clutch disc is defective I assume FCA would be replacing the clutch. Many years ago, I had a 280ZX that I would street race (145hp!!!) and the way I would get it out of the hole is ride the clutch to get the best launch until I burned out the clutch and it started slipping. I attribute this to operator abuse and had nothing to do with a defective part. If you ride the brakes down a mountain you will overload the brakes and they will fail. If you are rock crawling and continuously ride the clutch till it overheats/fails then this is operator error. There is no complete failsafe from stupid!
These things are burning out on people who have never, and will most likely touch dirt. Don't assume its always people who cause the problems.

Besides, no manufacturer will do a recall on parts that aren't garbage to begin with.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual

Yes that's what I got from their statement, and if that's the case I will not be buying another Jeep. I won't buy another vehicle without a manual unless it's electric. Looks like FCA just doesn't want my business.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I don't think they stopped. I had no issues ordering, it was placed on 1/19/21.

@JeepCares I think there is a lot of confusion on what is happening - any word on this?
Hello, ordering and production has not stopped. Delivery just may be delayed. All orders will have the recall completed prior to delivery.

I know there are a lot of questions on this thread and others, I am trying to get answers and if I have anything else to share I will follow up.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
No...There are legit defects with some of the clutches. I have owned 5 manuals previously and made it 170k miles on a Infiniti G35 clutch once. I didnt ride the JLU clutch or drive it hard and it started slipping at 25k miles and was replaced at 27k miles bc it failed the recall test. I know another person who was very easy on his jlu and his clutch needed to be replaced at 30k miles.
Sponsored

Last edited: