First Name
Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL sport s 2021 6spd,Vw Golf 2020
Occupation
Retired
Ordered mine in November also and no news from dealer yet..
Just got a call from my dealer today and he gave me the Vin and expects shipping at end of April and will call me back when on the train šŸš‚.
He said I am lucky because they are going to receive only 10% of the wrangler they ordered for the dealership and the few ordered by customers this year.
There is a shortage of V6 and microchips,so they are keeping the V6 for the Rams and manual wrangler.
All jeeps in dealerships are automatic and 4cyl.
They never mentioned the clutch issue.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
There is no temperature sensor in the clutch assembly, so the reality here is that the software reduces torque if it believes the clutch temperature has risen due to various parameters it models.

It has no idea if clutch slippage has actually occurred or what the temperature of the clutch might actually be, it''s all purely theoretical.
It knows if the clutch is slipping based on engine rpm, the current transmission gear and the drive shaft/wheel speed. Based on the amount of slippage, it will make an educated guess about how much heat the slippage is generating.

RubyRubi

First Name
Collin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon, 2018 Grand Cherokee
I ordered my manual JLR in mid February right before the recall patch was issued. I got a VIN the next day and it just shipped. Incredible turn around time for the build in the middle of a recall and pandemic. Iā€™ll update when I receive it. Iā€™m have zero concerns with the recall patch. Everyone needs to chill and be happy with their vehicles.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For all we know every transmission has the same type of software boundary cases programmed in them.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Itā€™s not available to dealers, yet. They are applying it at the factory for ā€˜21s. It shouldnā€™t be long before itā€™s available for the rest of us.
It is available for 2021 models. 2018-2020 models got separated into another campaign, Y07. The flash isn't ready for Y07 yet.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
The fact that the 21 flash is separate from the 18-20 flash again makes me wonder if that addition of showing the current gear on the dash displays will only be for the 2021s.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
It is available for 2021 models. 2018-2020 models got separated into another campaign, Y07. The flash isn't ready for Y07 yet.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares
Is there an estimate of a time when the Y07 flash will be ready? My 2018 JL failed MA emission testing due to the EGR and O2 monitors not entering a ready state and I only want to make a single trip to the dealer for both the emissions and clutch recall. I have about 30 days left to repair the emissions issue.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
i am very afraid of some piece of metal coming through the floor boards and killing me.
I've read that this is a possibility?
I still don't feel a software patch is a solution to a defective part.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
i am very afraid of some piece of metal coming through the floor boards and killing me.
In this case it is, as when the software detects the clutch is heating (which causes the issue) it will reduce engine torque so the clutch can't overheat.

That having been said, if someone is injured in the future in a vehicle to which the patch has been applied, that will be a really interesting lawsuit to watch.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
43,000+ on the road with no injuries. Nothing to be ā€œvery afraidā€ of... much more likely to be injured or killed in a wreck. Youā€™ll be fine.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Is there an estimate of a time when the Y07 flash will be ready? My 2018 JL failed MA emission testing due to the EGR and O2 monitors not entering a ready state and I only want to make a single trip to the dealer for both the emissions and clutch recall. I have about 30 days left to repair the emissions issue.
I do not have an ETA yet but I know it will most likely be longer than 30 days.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
I am still confused that anyone thinks they can fix this problem (if it is indeed an everyday regular use issue) with a software change. From what I've read on this forum, the rumor is that these software geniuses will do some kind of reverse calculation from what the traction control software does and deduce that if things are not rotating as they should, then s/w cuts back on power/torque. To get that kind of resolution from sensor and have it reliable for 10 years sounds a bit unreasonable. And then, the V&V (verification and validation) must be really complicated to make sure that and traction-control don't do battle in the software domain. I guess that's perhaps why the s/w is not available yet.

Would you not feel that much slippage (if you are not causing it)? And if you are causing that much slippage, perhaps an automatic is in your future?

Would seem to me that using non-explosive parts in their drivetrains is the 'right' solution. Until the s/w is available I will keep driving my IED (the proper way so it doesn't explode :):)).

JerseyMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys Sport, 2019 JLU Sahara
I just had the recall software update done yesterday. The Jeep drives the same. The 2 main things that I have noticed are that the gear is now displayed and the ESS no longer seems to do anything. I even tested it by idling in a parking space after driving to work today. I am happy about it, I never liked the ESS. Has anyone else noticed this change with the update?
Sponsored