DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that the crooked "6" in the display made it through QC/QA is comical and pretty sad at the same time. :facepalm:
I don't think it is crooked. If you extend the upper part of the six, it would look straight. I don't think I'd have noticed it if it weren't pointed out here on the forum. Thanks alot! LOL!
Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
I don't think it is crooked. If you extend the upper part of the six, it would look straight. I don't think I'd have noticed it if it weren't pointed out here on the forum. Thanks alot! LOL!
Your welcome, glad I could help.
Gregj

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon ("Anaximander"), 94 YJ sold :(
Build Thread
Link
The fact that the crooked "6" in the display made it through QC/QA is comical and pretty sad at the same time. :facepalm:
Want another recall for your numeral issues? :bandit:

(It may have looked worse not rotated counterclockwise by ten degrees, if it had to fit within a fixed height/width in that location.)

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
If this crooked 6 exists on the 2nd class gauge cluster, I'd never know - using 6th gear is like putting extra wear on the clutch just for the hell of it when you have Sport gears.

What does bother me is the placement. At least put a damn circle over it or something, it's like someone was testing something and just stuck it into some open space, then lost interest and left it there.

Sponsored

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(It may have looked worse not rotated counterclockwise by ten degrees, if it had to fit within a fixed height/width in that location.)
I don’t buy that! The “5” fills the space. It’s just a stumpy laid back 6. Maybe they used a different font?
Gregj

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I knew the gear indicator would be good for my wife and it is. She drove it and said it made her much more comfortable in finding first gear. With her driving my JK almost every day for many years, she's used to reverse being on the right side of the gate and down. So when she's finding first in the JL, she thinks she can't go over all the way to the left, for fear of getting into reverse, forgetting that it stops unless the red ring is pulled up. (She never has trouble getting it into reverse when needed). So she would sometimes go into third and try to go, smoking the clutch. So she hated driving the JL. It made her nervous. So she is starting to like driving the JL.

It has also helped with my daughter and her boyfriend, both of whom learned to drive a manual on it last Sunday. They both said they liked the indicator.

So for those who are used to it, its no big deal and not really important. But for learners and those used to different shift gate patterns, it helps them to become accustomed to the JL.

As for me, I don't even see it anymore, since the novelty of it wore off.

I guess if someone buys a used JL or JT manual, it will let them know the recalls were completed. That's a plus.

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's definitely a different font. The 1 has no serif (just a vertical line). The 4 is open at the top right. The 5 looked a bit different. The upper arm of the 6 has a different angle (10deg ccw) but the bowl is also a different shape than the 6s on the upper display. :angel:

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's definitely a different font. The 1 has no serif (just a vertical line). The 4 is open at the top right. The 5 looked a bit different. The upper arm of the 6 has a different angle (10deg ccw) but the bowl is also a different shape than the 6s on the upper display. :angel:
They are just messing with us with the three different fonts 🤬
Gregj

Last edited:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Kreepin1

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 CJ7, 2006 TJ, 2012 JKR, 2021 JLR
Build Thread
Link
Y’all crack me up!

FCA:
There seems to be the problem with these Jeep’s where the clutch explodes and sends bits of molten metal into the passenger compartment, setting it on fire. The good news is we have a software update to prevent it happening.

Us:
Never mind that, what about these fonts?

Talk about first world problems!:CWL:

nomographer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Y’all crack me up!

FCA:
There seems to be the problem with these Jeep’s where the clutch explodes and sends bits of molten metal into the passenger compartment, setting it on fire. The good news is we have a software update to prevent it happening.

Us:
Never mind that, what about these fonts?

Talk about first world problems!:CWL:
We should request the naval bell system. Put it in third and it chimes three times, then again every fifteen minutes. And it can't be disabled.

And it should also do this every time it shifts in an automatic.

SteveFinn

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting-Gray Sport S, former TJ owner
It's fly by wire. The accelerator pedal has an electronic sensor that feeds the ECM or somesuch. When the system is flashed the ECM doesn't seem to know the actual range of the sensor (possible voltage/resistance output values), so it's basically either On or Off (less throttle or more throttle), and I have reason to believe it never "learns". The Y01 wiped out mine; it was the first thing I checked when I started it. It's not part of their procedures, nor did my dealer do it as part of the arrival inspection.

Get in vehicle, put on seat belt, press button twice to put it into Run (no ignition / engine off). Wait for the engine light then slowly go the full range on the accelerator pedal, five seconds down, five seconds up, repeat. (Arguably one is enough). Thirty seconds seems to be too long, two seconds means it'll likely miss some of the blank spots in the sensor output (so you could get dead zones). Foot off accelerator, neutral, clutch in, hold for ignition.

Feather your accelerator pedal now and see what RPM it holds.
This worked for me....wish I knew about it 51,000 miles ago. Noticeably improved throttle response
Sponsored