Sponsored

RECALL (CSN): 2.0T Coolant Leak (includes 4xe)

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I noticed that I'm low yet again on coolant. The dealer tells me that there's now a customer satisfaction campaign (voluntary recall) which potentially addresses this issue. They also tell me that a free vehicle rental is included.

More info: TSB 07-001-22 REV. A
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
There are a multitude of posts on this and you'll find them here under the 2.0T area.

OP
OP
jmccorm

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
There are a multitude of posts on this and you'll find them here under the 2.0T area.
Here's what's new (or at least, unmentioned):
It's no longer just a TSB. This issue is now an open recall. Check your Jeep Owner's Dashboard and use the Menu button (upper right) to go to Recalls (far left). I believe it'll be under Vehicle Campaigns. It'd cut-and-paste my own, but my own Dashboard isn't working due to a website bug they're working on.

TL;DNR:
The open recall is what I haven't seen mentioned. The TSB has.

OP
OP
jmccorm

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering

Sponsored

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
At least with mine, it was just cranking down on the bolts and so far, never came loose again. That tells me it was a QC issue.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

I trust a stealership less than I trust my bolts to back out. I feel like it's safer to cross my fingers than take my vehicle into a stealership and let those morons work on it. Last few times I had it in the dealer, they made things up and I had more problems than when I brought it in. Turned out okay though, I got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them being idiots. I am not at liberty to discuss details.

It sounds like they just apply a little loctite and go on their way, I can do that. I have tons of loctite.

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I trust a stealership less than I trust my bolts to back out. I feel like it's safer to cross my fingers than take my vehicle into a stealership and let those morons work on it. Last few times I had it in the dealer, they made things up and I had more problems than when I brought it in. Turned out okay though, I got $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for them being idiots. I am not at liberty to discuss details.
If you own a Honda and it needs the airbag replaced under recall, expect a recommendation that it'll need a serpentine belt and trans flush. I see this on a daily basis.

Reactions: J0E

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

If you own a Honda and it needs the airbag replaced under recall, expect a recommendation that it'll need a serpentine belt and trans flush. I see this on a daily basis.
Pretty accurate. Last time I was in for my Jeep Wave oil and tires they highly recommended I replace the cabin air filter. I asked how much they want for that and the girl said $99. I very audibly laughed in the waiting room with 5 other people. I said, "do you actually get people to pay you $100 to replace a cabin air filter that's, what, 2 screws and 5 minutes of work with a $10 part?! I'll give you $25 total to do it" She said, "I can't do that. It's probably okay right now and will last until next oil change." To which I then replied, "didn't you just say you HIGHLY RECOMMENDED I have this done????"

She just smiled and said, "I'll let them know not to complete this work" and walked away.

This is the same person who told me I need to give them a 9 or better on my survey because they have until February to increase their scores. What a freaking joke. I'm surprised they didn't also ask for a tip.

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Gobs

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep rubicon
I have a 2020 JL Rubicon with the 2.0 liter and I checked my dashboard and there are no recalls. Was there something else specific to these engines?
Thank you

Dadgummit

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited -- 1966 Pontiac GTO Convertible
This is understandable. Car companies are doing everything they can to extend the ability to sell the ICE engines they spent billions in developing. To do this they have easily doubled the number of parts under the hood compared to the vehicles made 15 years ago. Each one of those parts can and will break some day making the chance of your vehicle leaving you stranded twice as likely as with an older model.

At 20K miles I had a pinhole leak in a heater hose. Instead of designing the vehicle with reliable and easy-to-repair normal heater hose with clamps Iike most cars out there, Jeep had to design a heater hose "assembly" with multiple hoses and other plastic parts that must be replaced as a whole. $600 later... Yes $600 for a heater hose I realized that this is not a vehicle that I will be able to rely on a few more years down the road. I am in my 50's and have had a jeep in the corral most of my driving years but this will be the last new jeep I ever own. Had jeep been concerned about customer satisfaction a few months back I may feel different...

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

This is the same person who told me I need to give them a 9 or better on my survey because they have until February to increase their scores. What a freaking joke. I'm surprised they didn't also ask for a tip.
I got this service done on my Jeep a few weeks ago. Had the dealership do it so it would be marked completed against my VIN. They also "discovered" that my coolant reservoir was leaking (I told them it was, that's why I wanted the service done) and replaced that under warranty.

HOWEVER, it was a whole ordeal. Scheduled an appointment, was told I should leave it cause they might not finish before closing, I said I'll wait and see.

Sure enough, they didn't. Said they could Uber me home and it would be first in line the next morning, so no loaner needed. I'm a reasonable guy, so fair enough.

4 days later, no update. Whenever I called up there, they'd ask who my service person was and promptly send me to her voicemail. Finally figured they can't send a body to voicemail, so I had a buddy drive me up there.

My service woman had stepped out, so another guy "helped" me. He didn't once stand up off his stool. Sat there and looked it up, berated my service woman for not putting it in right, called the shop, they said "we *should* get to it tomorrow (this was the Thursday before Christmas). I said that's not acceptable, I need a vehicle - it can be mine or a loaner, I've no preference, but I need 4 wheels and an engine. He says, "Oh man, we don't normally do loaners for this type of thing, because FCA won't reimburse if the delay is caused by our own workload backlog."

I said, well, I've gotta have something, who can I talk with to get something sorted. Again, WITHOUT GETTING OFF HIS STOOL he points to an office across the whole bay/garage "Our service manager's office is over there, I guess you could go talk to him and see what he can do."

Sure as hell marched my happy ass over there, laid it out to him - calmly, politely explained that the documentation says this is a <2hr job, I was told overnight, it has been 4 days, and they "should" get to it tomorrow, but we're 2 days from Christmas and I need a vehicle. He hemmed and hawed and finally gave me a loaner.

They called the next day to say they "discovered" the reservoir needed to be swapped. No biggie, I've got a loaner now. A week later I pick it up and this service woman (who I legit hadn't talked to outside of voicemail since I dropped it off) has the NERVE to say "Oh, you'll get a survey via email, please let us know if you can't give straight 10s"

WTF?!

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I got this service done on my Jeep a few weeks ago. Had the dealership do it so it would be marked completed against my VIN. They also "discovered" that my coolant reservoir was leaking (I told them it was, that's why I wanted the service done) and replaced that under warranty.

HOWEVER, it was a whole ordeal. Scheduled an appointment, was told I should leave it cause they might not finish before closing, I said I'll wait and see.

Sure enough, they didn't. Said they could Uber me home and it would be first in line the next morning, so no loaner needed. I'm a reasonable guy, so fair enough.

4 days later, no update. Whenever I called up there, they'd ask who my service person was and promptly send me to her voicemail. Finally figured they can't send a body to voicemail, so I had a buddy drive me up there.

My service woman had stepped out, so another guy "helped" me. He didn't once stand up off his stool. Sat there and looked it up, berated my service woman for not putting it in right, called the shop, they said "we *should* get to it tomorrow (this was the Thursday before Christmas). I said that's not acceptable, I need a vehicle - it can be mine or a loaner, I've no preference, but I need 4 wheels and an engine. He says, "Oh man, we don't normally do loaners for this type of thing, because FCA won't reimburse if the delay is caused by our own workload backlog."

I said, well, I've gotta have something, who can I talk with to get something sorted. Again, WITHOUT GETTING OFF HIS STOOL he points to an office across the whole bay/garage "Our service manager's office is over there, I guess you could go talk to him and see what he can do."

Sure as hell marched my happy ass over there, laid it out to him - calmly, politely explained that the documentation says this is a <2hr job, I was told overnight, it has been 4 days, and they "should" get to it tomorrow, but we're 2 days from Christmas and I need a vehicle. He hemmed and hawed and finally gave me a loaner.

They called the next day to say they "discovered" the reservoir needed to be swapped. No biggie, I've got a loaner now. A week later I pick it up and this service woman (who I legit hadn't talked to outside of voicemail since I dropped it off) has the NERVE to say "Oh, you'll get a survey via email, please let us know if you can't give straight 10s"

WTF?!
Yup, typical stealership, bunch of morons. Doesn't surprise me at all. This is actually GOOD service compared to what I'd expect. I'd expect them to not have a clue what's going on and sleeping and replacing wheels when the oil needs to be changed then saying, "what am I doing here??'
Sponsored