Sponsored

Recall and stop sale for steering intermediate shaft on certain JL Wranglers

bikenutty

First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Silver 2018 Ford Raptor Crew Cab 2012 ZX10R 2007 FJR1300 2018 Honda NC750X 2015 Yamaha 212SS Jet Boat
Occupation
Facilities Engineering Lead
Owned my JLUR for about 6 weeks. was sold to me with an outstanding recall, and I have not received anything from FCA regarding the recall.

shameful....

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Did it break off when reclining the seat? Cause mine did ...
I looked at two JLU Sports last weekend and could not get the rear seats to recline on both of them. I wiggled the seat back and fourth and still couldn’t get them to recline. Clearly a defective design.

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Did it break off when reclining the seat? Cause mine did ...
yeah its a very common problem that Jeep has refused to recognize so far. some dealerships are replacing unfortunately mine is not replacing mine cause of "physical damage". the thing with warranty work at dealerships is that they're not getting paid, or not being paid the amount it would be if it wasn't warranty so its difficult to get dealerships to budge. that being said, I adore my JL and I would never go back in time and purchase another vehicle. currently using a hammer to get my seats to recline... ha

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

Jimbo344

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Well thank you I just want on mopar.com and the good news is so far there isn't a recall on mine, with that being said, apparently FCA isn't going to admit anytime soon there is a steering issue with the vehicle so it doesn't exactly leave me warm and fuzzy. My newest update is my vehicle might be in a dealership this upcoming Thursday so as per everyone on here I'm going to take it out on the highway in excess of 50 miles an hour and see how it fares before I take possession and yes the first thing I'm going to do is bring my digital tire pressure gauge and put it at 37 lbs!

Screenshot_20190123-083614_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored