Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Looking for assistance.
Accidentally bumped my rear view mirror in my 2018 JLUR and somehow managed to knock it out of its bracket. Just dangling from the cable harness at this point. Any tips on getting it reattached? Doesn’t seem to want to attach easily.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Is the button still glued onto the windshield? if so, It should be a hex head set screw in the mirror bracket that locks it to the button. Back the set screw out, reattach and tighten the set screw.

If the button has came loose from the windshield, it will need to be removed from the mirror and reglued. You can get the glue from most any auto parts store.

Minilla

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
Do....any of them attack to the windshield? I know mine doesn't, I don't have auto dim though. the windshield folding down and the way the frame stays upnwhen you do means they mounted the mirror to the roll cage...could be wrong, i'll check it out on mine later

Down South

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
You are correct. For some reason, I was thinking about most all other vehicles.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Looking for assistance.
Accidentally bumped my rear view mirror in my 2018 JLUR and somehow managed to knock it out of its bracket. Just dangling from the cable harness at this point. Any tips on getting it reattached? Doesn’t seem to want to attach easily.
Thanks in advance!
@Jeep4Life0112

During this video, you will see how the rear view mirror is fastened in a JLUR. Start to view at .40.

For those with a JL Sport this video will not apply to your JL...

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Do....any of them attack to the windshield? I know mine doesn't, I don't have auto dim though. the windshield folding down and the way the frame stays upnwhen you do means they mounted the mirror to the roll cage...could be wrong, i'll check it out on mine later
@Minilla

With your JL Sport, dealing with the rear view mirror is a tad different then with a JL Rubicon..

Basically, with your Sport, you rotate the mirror stem and the mirror pops off. On a Rubi it is a similar process, kinda... and you can possibly get into issues trying same.. 8-)

Some guys flip their JL rear view mirror so it positions differently. Fairly east to do with a JL Sport but a few forum member's have run into deep chitt trying to do on a JL Rubi and they ended up having to go to dealer to have them reinstall the rear view mirror.

Sponsored