spyceymeatball

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Hi All,

First post and looking for a little advice on rear wiper arm replacement. I've tried digging through the forum and internet looking for a replacement JL rear wiper arm, but it seems I might be the first to break one :like:. I was so excited to wash after a recent trip into Death Valley and forgot to retract the wiper arm before closing the gate leading to a snapped tip in the perfect location to not be able to hold the wiper blade.

Has anyone managed to snap one off yet? Any confirmation the JK Rear Wiper Arm Mopar Item# 68002490AB would be compatible on the JL? If not, what is the part number for the JL?

Thank you!
Sponsored

Sponsored

schmidtski

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
Hi All,

First post and looking for a little advice on rear wiper arm replacement. I've tried digging through the forum and internet looking for a replacement JL rear wiper arm, but it seems I might be the first to break one :like:. I was so excited to wash after a recent trip into Death Valley and forgot to retract the wiper arm before closing the gate leading to a snapped tip in the perfect location to not be able to hold the wiper blade.

Has anyone managed to snap one off yet? Any confirmation the JK Rear Wiper Arm Mopar Item# 68002490AB would be compatible on the JL? If not, what is the part number for the JL?

Thank you!
I have a similar problem. On my JL, the plastic cap that covers the nut of the rear wiper arm broke off. It is starting to rust. I can't find the plastic part for the JL online. It exists for the JK but not the JL. Any guidance or experience in this area?

Michaelharkness07

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 jeep wrangler unlimited rubicon
Did anyone find out how to replace the rear wiper arm? I just had the same issue on my 21 rubicon, forgot to put it back down before closing the gate. It didn't take much to break it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Did anyone find out how to replace the rear wiper arm? I just had the same issue on my 21 rubicon, forgot to put it back down before closing the gate. It didn't take much to break it.
@Michaelharkness07

Not sure where you got the idea that replacing the rear wiper arm was nothing more then a very easy task, even for a beginner...

Flip up plastic cover on the wiper arm, remove retaining nut, remove wiper arm and then reverse the process to install a new wiper arm...

Important ......DO, go with an OEM replacement rear wiper arm versus a non OEM replacement arm...

Apparently some replacements arms that are not OEM will cause you grief/not fit properly, etc..

MrElussive

First Name
Emile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Hi, do you need a wiper puller/removal tool to remove the rear wiper? Or will the wiper arm just come up once the nut is removed?
I just did this stupidity when I was washing my '21 Sahara 4XE.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsored