Rear Windshield Wiper

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL & an Audi TT
Cold snowy weather is causing the wipers to freeze over with ice. I can just pop the front wipers up when the car is parked to avoid the problem on the front but don't know how to pop the rear wiper up because it is blocked by the spare tire. I tried turning the rear wiper on and timing turning it off when it is in a good spot but it returns to the normal off position. Anyone know how I can stick out the rear wiper without removing the tire?
Sponsored

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
Two words - Remote Start. Other than that I cannot think of a way to conveniently keep it off the glass. Popping it out cannot be done with the spare. Perhaps wedging something between the arm and glass that wouldn't freeze to the glass or scratch (wood?).

mike_b_81

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Haven’t tried, but maybe open the gate, raise the wiper and then shut the gate? Not sure how far the blade moves to the side.

OP
OP
shaneR

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the thought but it turned out not to be that simple. Wiper arm goes straight out so you need to put back to get the gate closed.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
If you look at the rear defroster, there is a special spot on it for where wiper parks. Just turn on the defroster and it will thaw out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
shaneR

shaneR

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the info. I didn't know the rear defroster also got the back windshield wiper. I do have the remote start.

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
If you look at the rear defroster, there is a special spot on it for where wiper parks. Just turn on the defroster and it will thaw out.
That would require the wire to still be connected to the rear glass, which seems to be the exception rather than the norm.
Sponsored