Rear Window Struts broken after 5k miles

Keating

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 392
Anyone have a similar problem? My rear window struts are gone in under 5,000 miles. I mean really, that's crazy.

Backlog at the dealer and they finally came in. I asked, what happened, and they basically shrugged and said, happens sometime. If there was a run on them and they are out of them in the warehouse, they have an issue. Spent over a month smacking my head on the window multiple times a day. And too boot, they could have gave them to me but instead it took over an hour to put them on? I mean ok, guess they needed to back-bill Jeep Corporate for the one hour labor and the parts.
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
It must have been a bad batch. Mine still work fine after a year and a half.
As far as the back billing, these dealership’s are merciless. When I got my Isuzu work truck new in 2013 I had a little knock from the clutches in the limited slip rear end. After the warranty repair I somehow wound up with a copy of the bill from my dealership to Isuzu. It was a whopping 5k!

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
A little inside story. I do not know about these specific parts, however, I work for a tier 1 OEM. Ripples from COVID are real in the supply chain.

in general, when things shut down, everything stopped, when things started opening up again, many of the auto manufactures tried to go to Complete full production. This is because even during COVID shutdown many people still purchased vehicles so the lots had very low inventory.

when the auto makers tried to go full throttle many suppliers for parts and raw material struggled keeping up.

add to that the condition of many people not showing up to work......

All that..... PERFECT STORM for part shortages.
Sponsored