Sponsored

Rear window removal possible for hard top?

cmb13

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I’ve been wondering if anyone has removed the rear window. It seems like it would be so nice to have that ventilation. I also wonder if an aftermarket shop could fabricate a easily removed window for the hardtop.
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I'm surprised that no one has come out with a kit to do this. Not only would it be nice with the front roof panels removed, but it would make removing the top itself much easier.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep created a patent a few years ago for rear window to fold up on top of the roof. I think some safety experts said too dangerous because CO fumes would be sucked into the compartment. For the soft top it says do not drive with rear window removed unless side windows are removed.

But for legal protection the manual says to not drive on roads with doors removed - if you get killed you can't sue us because we warned you.

OP
OP
cmb13

cmb13

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Too bad the rear window doesn't go down into the back tailgate like it used to in some wagons and other SUV's. Remember that? I think the 4Runner is the only vehicle available with that feature at this point AFAIK.

Blackey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon JL
I think if the two side glass on my 2 dof, rremove thr rear hatch glass and pull the 2 freedom panels
It should be able to be exhaust free at most speed unless you are parkland the wind hits the exact angle to push it thru the top. Nest ;tsk to the two front and only door off and I think you’ll have a lneer perfect3 seasontop and door setup for most. Ow what we ;need is a way to
Install and remove side glass kit so you don’t have to risk the glass pull/imstalling the glass to something to the ease og removing the freedom panel. once that’s completed we will, need to remove Rene glass hatch back using factory disclonn feature other creating the rest. So that’s no 1 and numbe2 priority to start the process.
Sponsored