Rear window rattling

KingBlotto

First Name
Fred
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon, Audi Q7, Chapparal 227ssx
Wow talk about a tech having no idea what he is doing. All you need is silicon spray or grease. The spray doesn't last as long. I believe the culprit is the gasket on the edge of the window but I put the stuff below on all gaskets and wiped off the excess... viola... no noise. Stuff is amazing, can use it on brake calipers, etc...

upload_2019-1-12_18-31-19.png
I just picked some of this at lunch after reading this post and boom problem gone. Thank you so much for your post. Beer on me if you’re ever riding through bama !!
Advertisement

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja", 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
I just picked some of this at lunch after reading this post and boom problem gone. Thank you so much for your post. Beer on me if you’re ever riding through bama !!
Deal! LOL.
BTW, that will eventually wear off so I went the route of Teflon Tape. I bought some and taped/folded it over the lip of teh tailgate and voila... gone forever!

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Deal! LOL.
BTW, that will eventually wear off so I went the route of Teflon Tape. I bought some and taped/folded it over the lip of teh tailgate and voila... gone forever!
Can you send a picture of where you applied the tape? What Teflon tape did you use? Thanks!

OP
OP
mgroeger

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR "Fat Ninja", 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase