First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
Have used conductive epoxy, works great and stays put!

Go Jeep!!!
Sponsored

OP
OP
wolfdog

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just fix it with conductive epoxy and forget it!! Why go to all the trouble of getting a window replaced that's sure a pain if you ask me. The epoxy will probably outlast the heating elements?

Go Jeep!!!

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
Just fix it with conductive epoxy and forget it!! Why go to all the trouble of getting a window replaced that's sure a pain if you ask me. The epoxy will probably outlast the heating elements?

Go Jeep!!!
My only hesitation with the conductive epoxy is if it doesn't adhere correctly and I take it back to the dealer to have them fix it, they may deny to warranty it because I'd been tampering with it. Otherwise I'd do this in a heartbeat. Have you used the epoxy on the JL with success?

EJ3CTA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I noticed that mine came loose a few days ago. :facepalm:

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I just ordered special made conductive adhesive with a high silver content from amazon (made for defroster repairs).

Frost Fighter Rear Defroster Tab Bonding Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EAMB1W4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_q04ABb2BB0A24

When it gets in I will let everyone know how it works. Kinda pricey but if it keeps my ride out of the dealer, then I’m all for it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolfdog

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow!! Pricy is right! When I got mine in 2013 for my 2012 JKUS it was $12.95 at "AutoZone"! Jeep off warranty so do it yourself in order. For you price that ought to be the dealer if you are on warranty!!! Looks like you have enough to do many defrosters? My kit was basically a one shot deal unless you had two at once. Once mixed it was done!

Good luck, you can come and do mine if you wish!!! lol

Go Jeep!!!

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My only hesitation with the conductive epoxy is if it doesn't adhere correctly and I take it back to the dealer to have them fix it, they may deny to warranty it because I'd been tampering with it. Otherwise I'd do this in a heartbeat. Have you used the epoxy on the JL with success?
I'd let the dealer do it. You don't want them denying warranty or something if something goes wrong. Good luck.

OP
OP
wolfdog

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
viper88, guess you'll have to wait to do any mods if you are worried of dealer denials? I added a cat back dual system to my 2012 JKUS after 1200 miles and never a question! So I'm thinkin' a bit of conductive epoxy won't matter a bit but it works anyway? Actually I think some dealers are using it now, mopar has the product. My dealer's mechanics tried soldering the 2012's back on lasted a week and what a mess! I ground the solder off the wire and used the epoxy, done deal! That dealer bought a supply for themselves they were so impressed.

Your choice, maybe a whole new window ya don't need or a bit of epoxy? Usually it's the wire end button that's come unsoldered not the heater screen that's broken?

Go Jeep!!!

Rocki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 JKR
Well at 2200 miles mine came loose. Took it to the dealer, they are ordering new rear window as well.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Anybody have this happen yet or am I just lucky? JLUS rear window defroster came unsoldered already, 4 months 2600 miles, very little off road? Rear window raised maybe dozen times at most, seems like a short life solder!!
censored.gif

Had it happen on my 2012 JKUS but at 50k and lots of off road!! Pain in the butt, dealer tried to re solder, crap job. Found a kit for repair with some kind of electrical epoxy compound, worked better but tricky.

Go Jeep!!!
Yep, happened to my JKUS also. But so far, my JLUS is holding up OK.

My dealership fixed my JK on the spot while I waited. They were really cool about it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
wolfdog

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Still don't get changing the whole rear window? The Epoxy I used on my 2012 JKU lasted 2 years until I traded!!

I just don't like new windows anywhere!

Go Jeep!!!

CashMonkey

First Name
Rolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grey 2009 Honda Accord EX-L Sedan 5SPDMT Black 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5SL Sedan 6SPDAT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine came off as well and its also leaking

OP
OP
wolfdog

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow, after a 3 week waitng for a new MoPar back window on order that I didn't want, the dealer called it's in! Gave me a nice 2019 Cherokee turbo loaner, 2 hours later called Job done, hmmm...right! Maybe they used the conductive epoxy afterall?? OK with me but I said "you replaced the whole back window in that short of time'? ( I am a big sneak I marked the old window) They hesitated (after seeing me kook at it) the said "oh no we were lucky, got someone in to fix the solder"...yup you guessed it, MoPar conductive epoxy!!! "Don't remove the tape for 12 hours"!! Typical! lol

They coulda been honest and just told me, I didn't want my back window replaced from day one! Every thing except that defroster wire was perfect, why frig with a new window, hinges, wipers and seals, etc. when that epoxy works perfect and is OK with warranty!

If your window is OK except for the defroster wire get some conductive epoxy (MoPar or other) fix it yourself and scr...oops mean forget the dealers "new window"!

Go Jeep!!!

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Wow, after a 3 week waitng for a new MoPar back window on order that I didn't want, the dealer called it's in! Gave me a nice 2019 Cherokee turbo loaner, 2 hours later called Job done, hmmm...right! Maybe they used the conductive epoxy afterall?? OK with me but I said "you replaced the whole back window in that short of time'? ( I am a big sneak I marked the old window) They hesitated (after seeing me kook at it) the said "oh no we were lucky, got someone in to fix the solder"...yup you guessed it, MoPar conductive epoxy!!! "Don't remove the tape for 12 hours"!! Typical! lol

They coulda been honest and just told me, I didn't want my back window replaced from day one! Every thing except that defroster wire was perfect, why frig with a new window, hinges, wipers and seals, etc. when that epoxy works perfect and is OK with warranty!

If your window is OK except for the defroster wire get some conductive epoxy (MoPar or other) fix it yourself and scr...oops mean forget the dealers "new window"!

Go Jeep!!!
I’ve had this issue occur on my JL multiple times. Currently on my 3rd back glass and guess what, defroster tab popped off again! But surprisingly it only takes not even 20 min to replace the rear window. It comes with the new wiper and motor already in place. I’m gonna try the epoxy route because I’m tired of having to keep ordering new back glasses, my boss thinks I’m breaking them on purpose lol (I work in the service dept)

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Ntegtmeyer

I appreciate the little bit of info you threw in, about ..... "It comes with the new wiper and motor already in place." Thanks for posting.
Sponsored