Rear view camera while driving forward

mgarciaknight

First Name
MG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU80
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but you can see out of the rear view camera for 10 seconds while driving forward. I have the 8.4 infotainment and at the bottom you have an option for “controls”, click on that, then click on “back up camera” and it comes on for 10 seconds. Its pretty cool to see behind you while going forward. Now if we can only find the 007 oil slick button!
Sponsored

WhereRU_A-A-Ron

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but you can see out of the rear view camera for 10 seconds while driving forward. I have the 8.4 infotainment and at the bottom you have an option for “controls”, click on that, then click on “back up camera” and it comes on for 10 seconds. Its pretty cool to see behind you while going forward. Now if we can only find the 007 oil slick button!
If you’re stopped (even in drive) it will stay on indefinitely as far as I can tell. Quite a nice feature actually.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah, I stumbled on that feature a couple years ago. It's cool, but I haven't found a practical use for it, since I don't tow a trailer with my JL. Maybe the guys that tow find it useful.

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
With a Tazer you can set it to come on with your turn signal. The camera's wide angle let's you see in the blind spot.
With a Tazer, you can also double click the Mute button and it turns on the camera until you press the Mute button again.

Sponsored

iamstillvince

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler sport s
you can also go into that menu, then press and drag the camera button down to the bottom bar so its available quicker on all screens

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
you can also go into that menu, then press and drag the camera button down to the bottom bar so its available quicker on all screens
Yup, and camera will still only stay on for 10 seconds. If you want the camera to stay on longer, you'd need a Tazer JL.