Sponsored

Rear Trackbar necessary after lift? And if so, bracket also needed?

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I have everything for my front suspension now, so I'm starting to concentrate on what I might need for the rear. I have the Mopar lift. Should I put in a rear Trackbar? And if so, should I also put in a Trackbar relocation bracket?

Thanks!
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Last edited:

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Did you install an adjustable track bar as well? Or just the bracket?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
My question as well! :)

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
What did your alignment numbers say? Mine is great without a bracket or adjustable rear.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
My question as well! :)
You just need the bracket or adj track bar but not both. You can do both if you want. I had rk adjustable track bar on with my Mopar lift, and when I switched to rk lift it came with the bracket so I installed it. I had to adjust my track bar all the way in to make it centered. But I didn’t mind, with 3.5 inch of lift I wanted to raise my track bar anyway . To get what little bit of better roll center it gives....:)

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
You just need the bracket or adj track bar but not both. You can do both if you want. I had rk adjustable track bar on with my Mopar lift, and when I switched to rk lift it came with the bracket so I installed it. I had to adjust my track bar all the way in to make it centered. But I didn’t mind, with 3.5 inch of lift I wanted to raise my track bar anyway . To get what little bit of better roll center it gives....:)
Which is better?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Which is better?
Either way is good, I personally like having the adjustability. With bracket it might be off center a little, but still be well within specs, or it could be perfect, but my ocd won’t let me settle if it’s off......Lol.

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
I added a rear adjustable bar. My OCD required it.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Either way is good, I personally like having the adjustability. With bracket it might be off center a little, but still be well within specs, or it could be perfect, but my ocd won’t let me settle if it’s off......Lol.
I hear ya'. Bar it is. :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
The bracket aligned the rear axle which was about 1/4 to 3/8” out. Why add an adjustable? I installed a HD adj. bar in the front because I installed a T.B. bracket brace that included the steering box sector shaft brace https://www.synergymfg.com/synergy-...-and-sector-shaft-brace.html?category_id=4897. Got it at discount from Northridge 4x4. Also, seen where someone heavily bent the factory frt. T.B. I have not heard of the rear being bent. If I do, I’ll get one then.
My choice was bracket or adjustable. I chose the bar because it wasn't all that much more $ and I believe it will give me more choice. I could be wrong since I'm so new to this, but I'd thought at least I'd give it the "old college try." so to speak.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Synergy, amongst other manufacturers and users, recommend both. The bar for fine adjustment and the bracket to lift the roll center to eliminate any "tail wag". Also, I'm pretty sure that Synergy uses a bracket on the axle side to lift the bar, rather than the frame side bracket that lowers the bar, like in the pic above. Maybe they can explain the difference between lifting the axle side vs lowering the frame side? @AllJumpStyle, if you please? I know I'm not the only one that loves learning more about these awesome machines.

OP
OP
Chipe

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Synergy, amongst other manufacturers and users, recommend both. The bar for fine adjustment and the bracket to lift the roll center to eliminate any "tail wag". Also, I'm pretty sure that Synergy uses a bracket on the axle side to lift the bar, rather than the frame side bracket that lowers the bar, like in the pic above. Maybe they can explain the difference between lifting the axle side vs lowering the frame side? @AllJumpStyle, if you please? I know I'm not the only one that loves learning more about these awesome machines.
I cannot find a Synergy rear bracket for a track bar for the JL, just the JK, so I went with the Teraflex.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I cannot find a Synergy rear bracket for a track bar for the JL, just the JK, so I went with the Teraflex.
If you decided to go with rear bracket instead of bar, rk relocation bracket is 100 percent bolt on, teraflex I think you have to do some drilling, not a big deal, at least that’s how it used to be. Might be different now. Just something to think about.
Sponsored