Sponsored

Rear Track bar relocation bracket questions

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So I am lifting the Jeep 3.5". The kit includes front and rear TB to center the axle.

Just had a few questions
1) Will adding a rear track bar bracket help improve handling by raising roll center. Is it necessary or just a nice to have.
2) Can i add just the rear or will I need to add the front track bar bracket and a drag link flip? Will there be adverse handling? Ie. one end feels flighty compared to the other since the roll centers would not be the same?
3) There are currently three companies that make a rear track bar bracket Evo / Teraflex / Rock Krawler. Should I avoid teraflex since they only raid the hole and does not wrap around the axle for additional bracing?

Images below are the parts in question

Based on the images below, would the EVO or Rock krawler be the better solution. EVO appears to be extremely beefy but does take up valuable real estate under the frame. Thanks

EVO
vu8g9qaukrkeoyv4lrsi.jpg

Rock Krawler
vixpa7qnfawnrx9e0oxy.jpg

Teraflex
g9zpyf7puevvuevqkxuu.jpg
Sponsored

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
What lift? Also if it comes with track bars then you should not need a bracket. Those brackets are for the stock track bars.

JRU

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
@anotheraznguy Is that the one for the jk? What’s the part number for metalcloak track bar bracket? I didn’t see it on their page for the JL.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Ideally you want to raise the front and rear roll center with any lift, keeping it close to stock. Doing just the rear does help stability. Most JK kits just do the rear as it is a simpler solution than flipping the dranglink or adding a dropped pitman arm and raised trackbar bracket(IMO the right way to do it)

You don't have to do it right away, you can always add it later :beer:

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I added the rock krawler rear TB relocation bracket and it helped my ride and handling tremendously, probably best $100 spent on the Jeep. I have a 2.5 icon lift, it’s vwey squirmy and soft , I was experiencing lots of body roll and some brake dive, but not anymore! This simple bracket should be included in any and all 2.5 + lifts in my opinion
Sponsored