Sponsored

Rear tow hook black on Rubicon

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
I noticed my rear tow hook is black on my Rubicon. Isn't it supposed to be red? The ones on front are red. Would this bother you...or just leave it?
Sponsored

CypressWrangler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S JLU
You have a friday or monday jeep. If you want red....contact the dealer. If you dont care......well then.......

I would want them to match.

Rubiconnoisseur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sport, 2018 JlU Sport, 2018 JLU Rubicon
Not sure I would want any red highlights on an orange vehicle.

At the very least though, I would want them matching. Easy fix.

Choose your poison

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I noticed my rear tow hook is black on my Rubicon. Isn't it supposed to be red? The ones on front are red. Would this bother you...or just leave it?
Mine was black as well. I did not notice it until after I got it home. I called and informed the dealer. Of course, they didn’t know it was supposed to be red. After checking the other Rubicons on their lot and finding that they all had red rear tow hooks, they replaced it. I knew it was kind of trivial, but decided if it was supposed to be red, then I wanted it to be red. I took delivery in February and that has been my only issue with the Jeep thus far.

OP
OP
grady2hig

grady2hig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna XLE 4WD
Mine was black as well. I did not notice it until after I got it home. I called and informed the dealer. Of course, they didn’t know it was supposed to be red. After checking the other Rubicons on their lot and finding that they all had red rear tow hooks, they replaced it. I knew it was kind of trivial, but decided if it was supposed to be red, then I wanted it to be red. I took delivery in February and that has been my only issue with the Jeep thus far.
Oh, nice. I don't realky care too much about it being black. It's not like people look at the front and back at the same time anyway. But I have to take it in for some paint touch up anuway...maybe I'll mention it when I schedule that.

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Well, I wouldn't want red color tow hooks on a Punkin JL if I owned one. If I were you I would paint that red one black.