Sponsored

Rear Tire Delete - License Plate Bumper?

marc2828

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo, Lexus GX, Audi Q3
New to this forum and I searched the interweb and forums for answers/ solutions, but could not find a good solution. About to order a Rubicon Unlimited. I intend on replacing the 4 wheels/tires with 35". I would prefer no spare (I know about flat problems, etc. but don't want to block the rear window with young drivers in my household with a 35" tire).

So I looked at all JL rear tire delete plates/license holders. It seems silly to have a "blank" space on the Rubicon bumper for the missing license plate especially with the light. I would like to keep the plate on the bumper, and have a different option for the rear tire delete.

I need to:
1) mount the third brake light
2) mount the rear camera and not block it
3) would love to cover the 4 plugs - left and right of the 2 vents
4) not put a license plate in the middle of the rear door.

I thought about not ordering Rubicon steel bumpers, then replacing the bumpers and putting the license plate in the middle of the rear door, but I like the stock Rubicon steel bumpers.

Any options I haven't found? Custom metal work, bike rack option for rear tire delete?
thanks to all in advance.
Marc
Sponsored

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
New to this forum and I searched the interweb and forums for answers/ solutions, but could not find a good solution. About to order a Rubicon Unlimited. I intend on replacing the 4 wheels/tires with 35". I would prefer no spare (I know about flat problems, etc. but don't want to block the rear window with young drivers in my household with a 35" tire).

So I looked at all JL rear tire delete plates/license holders. It seems silly to have a "blank" space on the Rubicon bumper for the missing license plate especially with the light. I would like to keep the plate on the bumper, and have a different option for the rear tire delete.

I need to:
1) mount the third brake light
2) mount the rear camera and not block it
3) would love to cover the 4 plugs - left and right of the 2 vents
4) not put a license plate in the middle of the rear door.

I thought about not ordering Rubicon steel bumpers, then replacing the bumpers and putting the license plate in the middle of the rear door, but I like the stock Rubicon steel bumpers.

Any options I haven't found? Custom metal work, bike rack option for rear tire delete?
thanks to all in advance.
Marc

Hey Marc! Welcome to the forums!

Most spare tire deletes that I've seen are designed to hold the license plate and probably would look incomplete without the plate. But with that said. Poison Spyder has a tire delete that holds the camera and third brake light but is also clean looking enough that you could get away from hanging your plate on the rear door. [http://shop.poisonspyder.com/product-p/19-04-013p1.htm

I would so some research on the factory steel bumpers. The front bumper is great and alot of people upgrade to it from the plastic (like myself), but depending on your level of wheeling, the rear bumper has been known to damage the pinch welds in the rear. This being the most notable and quickest to refer to.