Sponsored

Rear sway bar hitting frame on 2021 JL rubicon with 3.5" Metalcloak game changer

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
The rear sway bar is hitting my frame when articulating. my friends is doing it as well. I know my axle is centered and straight. Anyone else having this problem?

IMG_1267.jpeg

IMG_1268.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg
Sponsored

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Sales and tech support for MetalCloak
Is it both sides or just the driver side?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
The rear sway bar is hitting my frame when articulating. my friends is doing it as well. I know my axle is centered and straight. Anyone else having this problem?

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear sway bar hitting frame on 2021 JL rubicon with 3.5" Metalcloak game changer IMG_1269

Jeep Wrangler JL Rear sway bar hitting frame on 2021 JL rubicon with 3.5" Metalcloak game changer IMG_1269

Axle being centered doesn't mean the sway bar is centered. Check to make sure the sway bar itself is centered left to right in the bushings.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll ask the dumb question: did you install the provided rear sway “extensions”?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I have installed 3 MetalCloak Game changer suspension systems, and I always work on my jeep. I am fully capable of doing the work and have a good mechanical back ground. The kit was installed per manufactures instructions, including flipping the sway bar and installing the spacers. The axle has been measured in the opening and is straight. The sway bar is centered. I am leaning towards the Duoflex joints allowing significant flex and causing the contact problem. I thought I would see if anyone else here on the forum was having a similar problem. The MetalCloak facebook group had several jeepers having the same issue. I will either just remove the sway bar all together or I will modify another sway bar link to stop the contact.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
So. I just realized you have the washer under that nut. It should not be there and may be part of your issue and is not giving full thread engagement. The sway bar should also not have been flipped with the extended links. We only do that with the large drop to allow it to clear the front of the shocks. I also just checked the thread on MOC that you were talking about and those are all JK owners. The JK bar is a lot closer and really tight to the frame and the reason the rear sway bar link have shorter studs.

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So. I just realized you have the washer under that nut. It should not be there and may be part of your issue and is not giving full thread engagement. The sway bar should also not have been flipped with the extended links. We only do that with the large drop to allow it to clear the front of the shocks. I also just checked the thread on MOC that you were talking about and those are all JK owners. The JK bar is a lot closer and really tight to the frame and the reason the rear sway bar link have shorter studs.
Thanks, I now realize after looking back at the install directions that there are two different options for the rear sway bar install with the game changer system. I should have left the sway bar in the stock position with the blocks and links that came with my kit. I knew there was a simple fix for this. This is exactly the kind of assistance I was looking for, easy fix.

CloakedWillys

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JL 2.0T Sport S
Occupation
Thanks, I now realize after looking back at the install directions that there are two different options for the rear sway bar install with the game changer system. I should have left the sway bar in the stock position with the blocks and links that came with my kit. I knew there was a simple fix for this. This is exactly the kind of assistance I was looking for, easy fix.
Yeah, Minor issues and should be an easy fix. Feel free to give me a call if you have any issues.
Sponsored