Sponsored

Rear sway bar disconnect/removal

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I've seen that video and I think comparing that rig to mine seems like a stretch. But it seems to be the answer must people point to so maybe I'm asking the wrong question.

Has anyone actually pulled it off a stock JL and if so what are your thoughts about it.
The question you should be asking is why WOULD you remove it?
Sponsored

Hainliner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Hainliner

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
The question you should be asking is why WOULD you remove it?
Like I mentioned in another rig i owned and wheeled it was a hazard if the link broke. Me being new to this rig i thought I'd ask but I guess it's a taboo question.

In fact me other two rigs with straight axles in the rear had worthless factory rear sway bars as well. The fix for one was the move the pivot location to the body instead of the lower control arm. The other is a big truck and it's just so small it doesn't do much.

So why would I consider removing it you ask? Because 3 other vehicles I've had were better off with it removed or modified so it actually worked.

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Like I mentioned in another rig i owned and wheeled it was a hazard if the link broke. Me being new to this rig i thought I'd ask but I guess it's a taboo question.

In fact me other two rigs with straight axles in the rear had worthless factory rear sway bars as well. The fix for one was the move the pivot location to the body instead of the lower control arm. The other is a big truck and it's just so small it doesn't do much.

So why would I consider removing it you ask? Because 3 other vehicles I've had were better off with it removed or modified so it actually worked.
This rig is better off with it installed, as evidenced in the above-linked video.

Jeepin' John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
There is a benefit of a rear bar for the situation where the jeep is at an incline, but what about when the jeep is level and crossed up in a rut, or further, flexing out at a decline, simulating going down a technical trail and flexing out? How about backing up the RTI ramp rear bar connected vs disconnected? I think you'll get a different result for the max flex for both the "level" situation and the "decline" situation. Would be nice to see that in the video
Sponsored