James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It could be my rear sway bar bushings. That's an easy check as well.

If I figure anything out I'll update.

I'm replacing my steering linkage this weekend anyhow, so a rear shock/track bar/lca is nothing too big.
Sponsored

Kayakjoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JlUR
I had something like this too when mine was new. . Check your brake pad clips. They put them in with no grease, mine started squeaking especially when applying the brakes and over bumps. To test if this is the problem have someone apply break pressure and rock the Jeep back and forth. It’s pretty easy to remove the brake pads and grease the clips if this is your problem. Check YouTube for instructions there are lots of videos showing how.
Jeep Wrangler JL Rear Suspension Squeak 2AF9CDDF-3CB3-463D-B3EC-3695CD9CB656

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I had something like this too when mine was new. . Check your brake pad clips. They put them in with no grease, mine started squeezing especially when applying the brakes and over bumps. To test if this is the problem have someone apply break pressure and rock the Jeep back and forth. It’s pretty easy to remove the brake pads and grease the clips if this is your problem. Check YouTube for instructions there are lots of videos showing how.
Thank you, will check this!

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I had something like this too when mine was new. . Check your brake pad clips. They put them in with no grease, mine started squeaking especially when applying the brakes and over bumps. To test if this is the problem have someone apply break pressure and rock the Jeep back and forth. It’s pretty easy to remove the brake pads and grease the clips if this is your problem. Check YouTube for instructions there are lots of videos showing how.
Thanks, I would not have thought to check this.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Mine had the exact same issue when it was new. I took it offroading and it went away.
LOL, when in doubt, beat it up.

21Willys

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
11000 miles … the squeaks and rattling have been driving me crazy… worse in high humidity. Just confirmed it’s the Upper rear shock mounts… . either the bushing is loose in the shock or worn.. push up on the tow hook and verify for yourself…

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Mine had the exact same issue when it was new. I took it offroading and it went away.
Lol nice! My rear driver side started making a creaky sound during turns, bumps, and heavy breaking, and I thought it had something to do with the spring based on the way it sounded, but reading the forums I’m realizing there’s a lot more that it can be other than the spring so I’m gna take a good look later today if I get time. Also, mine was the opposite; the noise developed shortly after going through a gnarly dirt road that flexed my jeep out more than ever before. Maybe I should go off-roading again and it’ll fix it right up😂😂
It’s interesting though that I didn’t notice the noise during the drive back home or the next day (yesterday) but I noticed it real quick this morning…

Sponsored

commandojk13

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys unliminted
I have a 21 Willy’s with 3000 miles that has started this squeak coming from the rear area as well. When coming to a slow stop in a parking lot or just taking off. I have the stock rubicon shocks that came on the jeep with the teraflex coil spacer lift.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I have a 21 Willy’s with 3000 miles that has started this squeak coming from the rear area as well. When coming to a slow stop in a parking lot or just taking off. I have the stock rubicon shocks that came on the jeep with the teraflex coil spacer lift.
Hi, commandojk13. If you plan to bring your Jeep to the attention of a dealership for diagnosis and need our support, send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

commandojk13

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys unliminted
i got up under mine today and rocked it back and forth and bounced it up and down and narrowed my noise down to the upper part of the rear shocks, not sure its the bushing or what. But it goes away after so many up and down cycles on the shock.

commandojk13

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys unliminted
the noise im refering to sound like the squeaking noise in this video not the clicking the op is referring to.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, I would not have thought to check this.
Realized I never updated this thread as I said I would... I checked out all the suggestions in this thread and continue to include them in any of my pre-trip travels.

Mine turned out to be the front Synergy Track Bar. Very deceptive as the noise was traveling back under the Jeep. Making it more pronounced when siting in the rear than when out in front.

I ground down the points that were rubbing on the bracket, painted over them, and it's been silent since.
Sponsored